Before you evaluate the effect of any new product for weight loss, many seek to find out how safe it is. Due to the fact that the popularity of green coffee is now very high, the corresponding question also appears - is green coffee harmful? Let's consider this question in the most detail.
The harm of green coffee for weight loss: contraindications
Do not forget that green coffee is coffee after all, and it has many contraindications. If you take this drink, regardless of them, most likely you will learn from your own experience what harm from green coffee. So, the list of contraindications:
- glaucoma (caffeine, which is found in green coffee, greatly increases the pressure inside the eye, which can lead to bad consequences);
- high blood pressure (coffee increases the pressure, so you do not even need to take its green option for hypertensive patients);
- diarrhea (coffee has a laxative effect);
- irritable bowel syndrome (coffee adversely affects the course of the disease and complicates it);
- anxiety disorders ( caffeine increases anxiety);
- the period of taking antidepressants and sedatives (interferes with the effects of drugs on the nervous system);
- osteoporosis (caffeine flushes calcium from the bones, but in this state it can not be allowed);
- pregnancy and lactation (due to the lack of sufficient research on this topic, the use of coffee in this period is unacceptable).
You can judge for yourself how harmful green coffee is to you, based on how many contraindications you have identified.
Green coffee: is it harmful or not?
Talking about how harmful coffee is for people who do not have contraindications, it is quite difficult, because there was very little research on this topic. However, we can talk about some general trends possible.
- People who drink more than 3-4 cups of coffee a day will inevitably face health problems. Green coffee is coffee, and it is forbidden to drink it in large quantities.
- According to some studies, it was found that too much green coffee disrupts natural metabolism and leads to liver obesity .
In everything you need to know the measure, and that the product does not bring harm, it is important not to exceed the recommended dosages. In addition, with the use of coffee is recommended to adhere to a special diet.