Pharyngitis - inflammation of the mucous membrane of the throat. In pregnant women, the cause of discomfort is often an infectious and inflammatory process, the place of dislocation of which are the tonsils and lymph nodes.
Than pharyngitis for pregnant women is dangerous?
Especially dangerous is pharyngitis in the early stages of pregnancy. The causative agent of the disease in the body of the mother in about 20-50% of cases provokes a threat of miscarriage, intrauterine infection of the fetus or placental insufficiency, which in the future can cause developmental delay and chronic hypoxia (lack of oxygen) of the fetus.
Typical symptoms of the disease
Recognize pharyngitis in pregnant women will help the following symptoms:
- increase in body temperature to an average of 37.5 degrees;
- cough due to the flow of mucous secretions along the posterior wall of the pharynx;
- specific pain in the throat (tingling or perspiration), which is exacerbated by swallowing saliva.
Moreover, acute pharyngitis during pregnancy can manifest itself just lightning fast.
Ways to treat pharyngitis during pregnancy
In order to defeat pharyngitis in pregnant women, a doctor must prescribe the treatment. Often to cope with the disease simple symptomatic treatment helps:
- gargling with a solution of furacilin, chlorhexidine, tincture of propolis or decoction of chamomile;
- regular inhalation with decoction of mint, plantain or melissa;
- antiseptic resorption tablets, which are not prohibited during pregnancy and lactation ("Lizobakt", "Faringopils" or "Pharyngocept");
- irrigation of the throat with aerosols / sprays ("Geksoral", "Bioparox", "Tantum Verde").
If necessary, the doctor recommends and antipyretic drugs.
Simultaneously with the medication regimen to cure pharyngitis during pregnancy, the following rules will help:
- Drink plenty of warm liquid;
- often ventilate rooms;
- exclude from the diet smoked, salty, spicy and acidic food;
- give up soda water;
- observe a semi-fast regime or just rest as often as possible;
- Less talk, so that the laryngeal ligament is at maximum rest.
Do not self-medicate, otherwise the mild form can transform into chronic pharyngitis during pregnancy. In this situation, get rid of the disease only after the birth of the baby, when the spectrum of medications can be expanded.