After some time in some families there is a problem - how to teach the child to study with pleasure, after all in school he goes with a reluctance, and does not want to do any lessons at all. This situation can manifest itself almost immediately, at the beginning of training, or after several months or even years. The approach to its resolution is almost the same, and adults must know in advance what is worth doing, and what is strictly prohibited in this case.
Common Parental Mistakes
Before you teach a child to love learning, you should analyze your own behavior and attitude to the learning process, the psychological climate within the family:
- At all it is not necessary to give to school of the kid who is not ready yet to it neither physically, nor psychologically. Do not ignore the advice of teachers and psychologists about missing a year and coming to the first class not in 6, but in 7 or 8 years. In this there is nothing shameful, and the benefits will be obvious - a ready-to-learn child will learn with pleasure.
- For someone who does not know how to teach a child to learn well, the idea of material motivation for a child often comes to mind. But in most cases, you can not do this. You will not achieve a long-term result, but you will be able to make an "excellent" person from a child.
- You can not force teenagers to choose a profile according to the wishes of their parents. Perhaps Mom or Dad wanted to devote themselves to the study of mathematics, and the child does not know anything about it. If he is constantly subjected to high demands, then the psyche suffers, and the child can not learn well.
- From an early age it is necessary to try to reproach the child as little as possible, condemn him for his mistakes, and ridicule his mistakes. This negatively affects his self-esteem and does not allow him to feel the strength to learn at the level he wants. If you lower the dignity of the child, accentuating all his attention on his shortcomings, he will never believe in his strength and will remain mediocre not only in school, but also in later life.
- At an early age, it is impossible to load a child with knowledge that is absolutely unnecessary at this time. Development with diapers should not be violence against the child's body, unless parents want to make a walking encyclopedia of the child.
How to behave to the parents of a child who does not want to learn?
Psychologists have created a small list, adhering to the points which can help a student to love the process of studying at any age:
- We need to adjust the regime of the day as soon as possible, where the time for sleep, active rest, study and hobbies of the child will be clearly allocated.
- We should try to ensure that the family environment is friendly, and the problems between the parents were unknown to the child.
- From an early age, the child should have an attitude that the school is good, the teachers are true friends and professionals, and teaching is a sacred duty leading to prosperity in the future. Parents should not, in the presence of a child, neglect to speak about teachers and the need for a particular subject.
- The load on the children's body in the school must be adequate to the age, without excessive strain.
- Parents are encouraged to praise children as often as possible for even minor school successes.
But how to teach a child to learn independently can be difficult if the parents are used to taking care of their child at every step. He needs to give more independence. Let him make a mistake, but later on it learn to be responsible for his actions.