From the successful preparation of the organism for childbirth all the process of childbirth depends: it will pass quickly and less painfully or seriously exhaust mother. And an important role in this is the level of preparedness of the cervix for childbirth.
The cervix can have 3 degrees of maturity:
- not mature enough;
For the preparation of the cervix, prostaglandins respond. In the case of insufficient production of prostaglandins in the body, the cervix will not reach the maturity stage at the onset of labor. As a result, the delivery can not be very beneficial (slow opening, severe pain). The ideal condition is the soft cervix of the uterus before delivery. But not during pregnancy, otherwise premature opening of the cervix will occur, which should happen only before birth.
The doctor, who watches the woman in childbirth throughout the period of pregnancy, monitors the condition of the cervix. In the event that for 2-4 weeks before birth, the uterus remains immature, the gynecologist can prescribe the appropriate medications and procedures.
Preparation of the cervix for delivery can take place in several ways. All these activities should be done strictly under the supervision of a doctor:
- prescribe antispasmodic drugs that relax the muscles, for example, papaverine, or no-shpa;
- prostaglandins are injected into the cervical canal, which contributes to faster maturation of the cervix (these are usually very expensive drugs, and they are used only in paid clinics);
- The introduction of laminaria into the cervix is also performed in the hospital.
Physical stimulation :
- massage of the uterus;
- stimulation of the nipples.
Excellent proved itself in the preparation of the neck for delivery of evening primrose oil. From 36 weeks, it is advised to take no more than 1 capsule per day, and from 38 weeks of pregnancy, 2 capsules.
One of the most accessible sources of prostaglandins is male seminal fluid. Therefore, if there are no contraindications, in the last weeks it is very useful to have sex without a condom.
Preparation of the perineum for childbirth
In order to avoid ruptures, it is necessary to prepare the perineum for childbirth. The perineum along which the child will move is a muscle tissue. From the elasticity of this tissue and depends on how the childbirth will flow. For this, there are a number of techniques that significantly improve the elasticity of the perineal muscles.
Here are a few of them:
- massage with oil; excellent olive or linseed oil, in which you can insist the herb of St. John's wort - gently apply to the entire crotch area and massage;
- include in the diet fish oil and raw vegetable oil;
- for two months before delivery, to exclude meat products;
- timely treatment of infections - any of them, even thrush, significantly increases the risk of rupture, as tissues under the influence of infections become loose and lose elasticity.
Physical preparation for childbirth
Pregnancy and childbirth require a woman of great physical costs. All the doctors in one voice say that the future mother would walk a lot, breathe fresh air, pay attention to physical preparation for childbirth. Exception - only women who are at risk of miscarriage.
Physical activity improves the blood circulation of the pregnant woman, improves physical endurance, develops the breathing apparatus, prevents the appearance of such unpleasant symptoms as excess weight, back pain, varicose veins, constipation, etc. Certainly, special exercises will be used to prepare for childbirth.
The best result will be when the pregnant woman is
Timely preparation for childbirth will allow a woman not to become confused during strong battles and attempts, but to gather, calm down and help her child to appear soon.