Jerusalem artichoke, the recipes of which can be found in the selection below, is an indispensable source of many vitamins and valuable elements not found in other foods. And if this amazing vegetable has appeared on your garden, it's time to get acquainted with the variations of its processing.
What can be made from Jerusalem artichoke?
If you do not already know how to prepare Jerusalem artichoke, some general advice and the right recipes will help you to master the technology of processing the product for obtaining excellent characteristics of the dish.
- Like any other vegetable, Jerusalem artichoke can be eaten raw, cooked, fried, used for making independent food, or it can be included in multi-component culinary compositions.
- Raw tubers in combination with other vegetables used to make salads.
- The grinded vegetable mass can become the basis of cutlets, pancakes, and cut into pieces of tubers added to soup, compote or used to make jam.
- Topinambour dishes are tasty, nutritious, low-calorie - ideal for dietary and healthy meals.
Salad from Jerusalem artichoke
Vitamin salad from Jerusalem artichoke with carrots will replenish the body with the lion's share of usefulness and keep the harmony of the figure. In addition, the dish is balanced and harmonious to taste, quickly and elementary prepared from always available ingredients. Olive oil can be replaced with sunflower or corn, and instead of walnuts use any others to choose from.
- Jerusalem artichoke - 200 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- apple - 1 piece;
- green onion - 2 stems;
- garlic - 1 tooth;
- walnuts - 50 g;
- olive oil - 50 ml;
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- sugar - 1 teaspoon;
- salt pepper.
- Grate on a large grater Jerusalem artichoke, carrots and an apple, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add the nuts, chopped onions, fill the mass with a filling of oil with garlic, salt and sugar, mix and serve.
Jam made of Jerusalem artichoke
Further on how to prepare Jerusalem artichoke as a sweet snack. The resulting sweets can be served as an additive to cereals, supplemented with fritters or pancakes, and also used for filling pies or preparing other desserts and sweet dishes. Sweet Jerusalem artichoke, the recipes of which can vary by the amount of sweetener used and additional products - a real find for those suffering from avitaminosis .
- Jerusalem artichoke - 1 kg;
- honey - 250 g;
- lemons - 2 pcs.
- The pulp of Jerusalem artichoke is grinded on a fine grater and mixed with the groundless lemon in a blender.
- Add the honey to the billet, mix and spread on sterile jars.
- They store jam in the fridge.
Jerusalem artichoke chips
Jerusalem artichoke, whose unusual cooking recipes are bribed with its simplicity, can become the basis of a magnificent delicacy, competing with your favorite many potato chips. To decorate the snack, the carefully washed fruits are cut into slices and dried on parchment in a microwave oven or in an oven.
- Jerusalem artichoke - 1 kg
- salt, seasoning - to taste.
- Prepare the tubers, cut them and place the slices on the parchment sheet.
- Send the billets in the oven, heated to 120 degrees, or in a microwave oven for maximum power and wait for the browning of the slices.
- The same manner is dried and candied fruits from Jerusalem artichoke.
Cutlets from Jerusalem artichoke
Particularly interesting to taste is fried Jerusalem artichoke. It can be cooked laconically, browning the slices in oil in a frying pan or using this recipe by decorating mouth-watering and ruddy cutlets from the vegetable. More interesting taste of the products will be if you supplement the product with carrots, and for the tenderness add cream.
- Jerusalem artichoke and carrots - 400 g;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- manga - 50 g;
- cream - 100 ml;
- breadcrumbs - 70 g;
- vegetable oil - 100 ml;
- salt pepper.
- A useful Jerusalem artichoke, the preparation of which in this case is reduced to inevitable grinding, will retain the color and most of the vitamins if sprinkle the grated flesh with lemon juice.
- Add ground carrots, cream, podsalivayut mass and blown on a quiet fire until soft.
- Drive in to the egg mixture, pour in the mango, mix and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Make cutlets, panize them in flour and fry in oil in a frying pan until red.
Fritters from Jerusalem artichoke - recipe
Jerusalem artichoke, recipes for cooking which are useful and balanced, you can fry not only in the form of cutlets, but also to make out of the vegetable mass delicious pancakes . In this case, the flesh of the vegetable, along with the carrots, is grated on a fine grater, then mixed with eggs, flour, salted and seasoned to taste.
- Jerusalem artichoke - 400 g;
- carrots - 150 g;
- egg - 1 piece;
- manga - 50 g;
- flour - 100-120 g;
- salt, pepper, spices.
- The grinded vegetable mass is poured, mixed with egg, added with flour, and mixed.
- Spread the portions of the base with a tablespoon into a frying pan with warmed oil.
- Brush pancakes from Jerusalem artichoke from both sides on medium heat.
Compote with Jerusalem artichoke
You can use a vegetable not only to decorate a variety of snack foods. Thanks to their valuable properties, the tubers will be indispensable in compote, making it more useful than other drinks a hundredfold. Further on how to prepare and how much to cook Jerusalem artichoke, so that the drink turned out to be the most useful in composition and balanced to taste.
- Jerusalem artichoke;
- sugar or honey - to taste.
- Jerusalem artichoke is washed with a brush, cut into mugs and dried in the shade.
- Three tablespoons of table materials are poured with a liter of boiling water and boiled for 5 minutes.
- Sweeten the drink with sugar, honey or jam.
Soup from Jerusalem artichoke - recipe
Surprisingly useful soup from Jerusalem artichoke has a pleasant and delicate texture and due to the additional products and vegetables contained in it, a moderate piquancy. The maximum value of the dish will be obtained by using untreated tubers. However, in this case, you need to be prepared for the fact that the hot color turns darker in color.
- Jerusalem artichoke - 650 g;
- onions - 150 g;
- garlic - 1 tooth;
- broth - 800 ml;
- cream - 80-100 ml;
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- parsley - 1 bunch;
- salt pepper.
- Tuber together with onion, garlic and herbs are put in a pan, poured with broth and boiled until soft.
- Break the ingredients with a blender, pour in the cream, season the food and heat again to a boil.
Pizza with Jerusalem artichoke and olives - recipe
Canned artichoke, recipes with which are found much less often than with fresh vegetables, will be an excellent addition to the Italian snack, designed with the following recommendations. Pizzettes with olives and dried vegetable slices are refined to taste and mouth-watering.
- Jerusalem artichoke canned - 8 pcs .;
- yeast dough - 500 g;
- olives - 50 g;
- tomato sauce - 130 g;
- cheese - 130 g;
- garlic - 3-5 teeth;
- salad onion - 0,5 pieces;
- parsley - 2-3 branches;
- corn flour - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- From the dough form round billets, stack them on the floured baking sheet.
- Fry the onion, mix it with chopped Jerusalem artichoke, olives and garlic, spread from above on sauce-smeared workpieces.
- Sprinkle the products with herbs and cheese, send for 10-15 minutes in a heated to 200 degrees oven.
What is useful for Jerusalem artichoke?
Jerusalem artichoke, simple recipes of which you learned from the proposed recipes, has a lot of useful properties and can be used not only as a basis for a lot of culinary compositions, but also as a means to get rid of all kinds of ailments.
- The use of Jerusalem artichoke for the body is determined by the high content of B and C vitamins in the tubers, such elements as iron, silicon, potassium, calcium and many others.
- Jerusalem artichoke raises hemoglobin in anemia , stabilizes blood sugar in diabetes, calms the stomach with gastritis, improves heart function, strengthens the nervous system, helps to overcome skin diseases.
- Regular use of Jerusalem artichoke dishes strengthens the immune system, helps to cleanse the body of radionuclides and thus is shown in radiation sickness.
- Juice from tubers helps reduce blood pressure and cleanse the body of toxins.