If you ignore furunculosis, the causes and treatment of which are well known to doctors, you can provoke serious complications with health. This pathology is attributed to inflammatory skin diseases with characteristic purulent-neurotic eruptions.
What is furunculosis?
An inflamed furuncle is an abscess formed around the hair follicle on the body. As the disease develops, the tissues around the formation become inflamed, forming a painful compaction, on top of which there is a "head" through which pus comes out. According to statistics, men and children are more often infected with furunculosis, and this can signal a decreased immunity at the moment. Stages of furuncle development:
- The onset of inflammation, near the follicle, infiltrate is released, the tissues are inflamed and painful.
- In the area of inflammation there is a lump, the tissues swell, the skin turns red, stretched, suppuration and necrosis of tissues begins, a fistula is formed.
- After opening of the upper part of the furuncle, pus is secreted, after several days, a purulent stem also emerges.
- After the exit of the rod, the inflammation goes to a decline, wound healing begins, often with the formation of a scar.
Doctors distinguish several stages of furunculosis disease, the causes and treatment of pathology depend on the medical conclusion made. The stages of furunculosis:
- Light - single boil, appears 1-2 times a year, is not accompanied by a common inflammation and intoxication.
- Average - recurrence of the disease 3-5 times a year, rashes multiple, there is a weak intoxication.
- Severe - rashes are present all the time, like intoxication.
Causative agent of furunculosis
The causative agent Staphylococcus furunculosis can provoke with accompanying factors. It:
- hypovitaminosis and weakening of the body;
- frequent overheating and hypothermia;
- anemia, endocrine diseases, diseases of the nervous system, disruptions in the work of the gastrointestinal tract;
- alcoholism, drug addiction, smoking;
- some medicines;
- chronic infectious diseases;
- stress, emotional stress;
- hard-healing injuries, such as metal shavings, which open the entrance of the infection;
- friction and scratching, which contribute to the penetration of infection into the deep layers of the skin and provoke various skin diseases - eczema, psoriasis.
Is furunculosis contagious?
The disease of furunculosis is provoked by two types of staphylococcus aureus - golden and epidermal. The second kind of microorganisms causes suppuration when it hits the surface of the skin in its deep layers. Carriers of staphylococci are about 75% of humanity, therefore, the transmission of microorganisms occurs constantly, but for the development of the disease it is necessary that the infection is in favorable conditions - into an organism with weakened immunity, various diseases.
What is dangerous furunculosis?
Single manifestations of furunculosis, although unpleasant, but not dangerous. After carrying out competent treatment the disease can never be repeated again. More dangerous is the recurring furunculosis, which often causes various complications. Very serious is the furunculosis affecting the face (especially in the area around the nose) - because of the large number of capillaries, the infection spreads throughout the body. Dangerous complications of furunculosis:
- thrombophlebitis of facial veins;
- purulent meningitis;
- lymphadenitis and lymphangitis;
Symptoms of complications in furunculosis:
- increased body temperature;
- problems with vision;
- swelling of the face;
- swelling and tenderness of veins;
- stiff neck;
- poor general condition.
Furunculosis - Causes
Staphylococcus aureus enters the layers of the skin through the wound or independently, dissolving the connective tissue. Very favorable for bacteria, oily skin is the ideal breeding medium. Inflammation begins near the hair follicle, after 2-3 days it goes into a purulent stage with the formation of a rod inside the follicle - one of the signs of the disease. After the follicle breakthrough or surgical intervention, the rod, together with purulent masses, is removed. Poor cleaning of the wound leads to the fact that the patient develops chronic furunculosis.
Furunculosis - treatment
Tired of persistent relapses, a person is asked a serious question, how to treat furunculosis. To avoid sepsis and other complications, the boil can not be squeezed out, it should ripen and burst on its own, while certain rules must be observed. If furunculosis is diagnosed, treatment at home is performed following these recommendations:
- As little as possible to wet the area affected by boils, baths should be used only with the addition of disinfectants, for example potassium permanganate.
- Wipe the skin with antiseptics - salicylic alcohol, Furacilin, especially - places of wounds and injuries.
- Daily change the underwear and more often rest the bed, after washing it must be ironed.
- Eat balanced, especially pay attention to the sufficient intake of proteins and vitamins necessary for skin regeneration.
Furunculosis - treatment, preparations
When a person is diagnosed with furunculosis, the reasons and treatment by a doctor are determined, all medical recommendations should be carefully observed. Treatment of furunculosis with antibiotics is necessary in case of severe disease and frequent relapses, but the doctor must prescribe the medication, because only he knows to which drugs are sensitive and insensitive to staphylococci in the region where the patient lives.
Forms of antibiotic used for furunculosis are tablets, intramuscular or intravenous injections. Duration of treatment - 10 days. What antibiotics are prescribed for furunculosis:
- penicillins (Amoxiclav, Flemoxin);
- macrolides (Clarithromycin, Sumamed);
- cephalosporins (Cefalexin, Ceftriaxone);
- Lincosamides (Lincomycin).
Ointment for furunculosis
Treatment of a boil is almost always carried out with the help of ointments that effectively destroy the pathogenic microflora, relieve inflammation and accelerate the healing of the wound. At the stage of inflammation for faster maturation of the boil, it is applied to it:
- Heparin ointment;
- Ichthyol ointment .
After rupturing the boil it is necessary to disinfect the wound with an external antiseptic:
- alcohol tincture of calendula;
- salicylic alcohol.
For suction of pus and disinfection of wounds apply:
- Ointment Vishnevsky (Liniment Balsamic);
Vitamins for furunculosis
To answer the question of how to cure furunculosis in a serious stage without the use of vitamins and immunostimulants is impossible. Since the disease recurs with the fall of immunity, serious drugs to strengthen the defenses of the body, such as immunoglobulin, must be prescribed by a doctor. Modern multivitamin complexes with sick furunculosis should be taken constantly, vitamins A, C, E and PP are especially important.
Furunculosis - folk remedies
To avoid complications, folk treatment of furunculosis is carried out only as an auxiliary - to relieve pain and inflammation, as well as to fill the shortage of some elements. Inside with furunculosis are taken:
- silver water - on an empty stomach for 1 glass take drinking water, which was a silver thing;
- yeast with furunculosis - take either a drug at the recommended dosage, or dry brewer's yeast - for 1 tsp. 3 times a day;
- medical sulfur - on the tip of the knife 3 times a day;
- juice of fresh nettle - take 1 tbsp. l. on an empty stomach, this remedy helps to purify the blood.
Compress for wound healing without scar
- mummy - 1 tablet;
- water - 1 tsp.
Preparation and use
- Dissolve the tablet in water.
- Saturate the cotton pad with a solution and apply to the healing wound for 20-30 minutes 2 times a day.
Home ointment for relieving inflammation and pain
- butter - 4 tbsp. l .;
- beeswax - 1 tbsp. l.
Preparation and use
- Heat the oil, add the sliced wax with constant stirring. When the wax dissolves - the ointment is ready.
- Apply the ointment to the boil on the cotton pad, replacing the remedy 2 times a day.
Garlic compress for removal of inflammation and disinfection
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. l .;
- clove of garlic.
Preparation and use
- A small strip of cotton cloth soak with oil, put the crushed garlic and roll the strip 1-2 times.
- Apply a compress to the boil and wrap it. Hold for 15-20 minutes. Apply the compress 2 times a day.
Prevention of furunculosis
Causes of furunculosis and the treatment of this disease - this information is not required if time to engage in prevention. Furunculosis on the face and other parts of the body can be prevented by observing the basic rules of hygiene and avoiding supercooling. In addition, with a tendency to furunculosis, it is necessary to strengthen the protective properties of the body, monitor blood sugar levels and prevent the development of diabetes, to refrain from bad habits.