Salicylic acid is a remedy whose use is external application. It is cheap enough, but it has several methods of use and really helps with various problems.
Basic properties of salicylic acid
The active substance of this preparation is acid, which was isolated from the bark of the willow. Therapeutic efficacy lies in the fact that it has several principles for affecting the skin:
- Deep penetration at the application site.
- Suppression of the activity of sweat and sebaceous glands.
- Elimination of perifocal inflammatory process.
- Elimination of edema.
- Softening of the outer layer of the skin and its gradual discoloration, which leads to easy separation from the surface of the skin.
- Purification of wounds from purulent discharge and stopping the spread of pathogenic bacteria.
- Acceleration of the healing process, due to increased blood flow to this area of the skin.
Therefore, it is said that salicylic acid has the following properties:
- keratoplastic (at low concentration);
- keratolytic (at a high concentration).
Since there are several ways to use, salicylic acid is available in different forms with different concentrations of active ingredient:
- solution (aqueous and alcoholic) - 1% and 2%;
- ointment - 1%, 2%, 5%, 10%;
- powder (powder);
Indications for salicylic acid
Thanks to this mechanism of action, this drug is used for medicinal purposes and in cosmetology.
Application of salicylic acid in medicine
Very effective use of salicylic acid for the treatment of skin diseases, of various origins, such as:
- healing of wet wounds, for example, after a burn.
In these cases it is better to use ointments with the necessary concentration of active substance, and in the treatment of depriving, the use of salicylic acid should be combined with sulfuric ointment. They will enhance the antimicrobial properties of each other.
Also, salicylic acid is used to reduce pain when:
- gout ;
- arthrosis and arthritis.
To do this, you should smear the problem site 3-4 times a day with alcohol solution of the drug or apply an all-night compress.
Application of salicylic acid in cosmetology
- from warts;
- for hair growth and getting rid of dandruff;
- from acne, acne, black spots and acne;
- to get rid of calluses and corns;
- to reduce the fat content of the skin;
- to lower the sweating of the feet.
To get rid of these problems, it is recommended to use a solution of salicylic acid.
But for the treatment of warts, you can still use a special patch made on the basis of salicylic acid, Salipod. It is glued for 48 hours, and then soaked in warm water and remove the top layer. This procedure is repeated as many times as necessary to completely wither.
If you can not buy such a patch, then it is perfectly replaced by lotion from salicylic acid, which is applied and
From hair loss and the formation of dandruff, the following mask is recommended:
- Apply salicylic acid solution to the scalp and hair roots.
- Close the cellophane or rubber cap for 30 minutes.
- After that, rinse well with running water.
Before you start to eliminate these problems with the skin, you should consult a beautician or a doctor, as there are a number of contraindications to its use and the particular application for different skin types.