To make an unforgettable trip to Sweden is the dream of many. To see all the sights and visit the unique corners of the country, you should take care of the means of transportation in advance. For many, rent a car in Sweden is an ideal option, as it solves the issue of dependence on sightseeing buses and the schedule of urban and intercity transport .
Features of car hire in Sweden
Despite the fact that it is quite easy to rent a car, there are some points you need to know about beforehand:
- to rent a car is allowed from the age of 18, and some (expensive and difficult to manage) car models - only from 24 years, and the driving experience should be at least 3 years;
- in the winter without the required driving experience can refuse to rent due to the complexity of some sections of Swedish roads;
- the rules of the road on the Swedish roads are not too different from ours, but violations here are punished much more harshly. That's why you should forget about dashing driving and driving in a state of intoxication;
- the use and transportation of radar detectors is strictly prohibited.
How to arrange a car rental in Sweden?
An approximate list of documents for a tourist who wants to rent a car is as follows:
- Passport or other document proving identity.
- A credit card with enough money to freeze them on the account as collateral for a rented car.
- Driver's license. Based on the Vienna Convention, one can defend one's right to present a national document, not an international document.
The cost of renting a car in Sweden
In general, you can rent a car in Sweden at the same price as in other European countries. The average rental price is $ 110 per day, but the final price varies considerably depending on a variety of factors, such as:
- class of the car;
- insurance in case of theft and accident;
- the presence of a child car seat (up to a height of 135 cm);
- special trunk for skis;
- chain on the wheels for winter driving;
- the possibility of a second driver.
Where is it better to rent a car?
You can book a car to your taste even before you arrive in the country. To do this, each carrier on the site has an online booking form, filling it, you can significantly save and not worry about finding a car rental company upon arrival in Sweden. If you want to directly choose the car, then upon arrival, you should contact the office of any company that provides such services.
General rules for road traffic in Sweden
Staying in the territory of the state, motorists should adhere to certain rules. Violation of them threatens with fines and a lot of wasted time, which could be used with advantage:
- In the village, the speed of the car should not exceed the indicated on the sign of 30-60 km / h.
- Between cities it is allowed to travel at a speed of 70-100 km / h.
- Specially equipped highways provide for the movement of cars at speeds up to 110 km / h.
- In the cabin there should be a first aid kit, an emergency stop sign, a fire extinguisher, a cable for towing, a waistcoat with reflective stripes.
- Winter requires winter tires.
- At any time of day, the dipped beam should be on.
- Children under 7 years must be in a special seat and be fastened, as well as persons sitting behind.