Every parent wants his child to be the best in everything. Previously, I learned to walk and hold a spoon, from early childhood I read classical works and knew several languages, etc. However, in the process of education, the errors of parental claims often lead to disastrous consequences. The diagnosis of neurosis is one of the most frequent phenomena. What are his symptoms and how not to harm the child's psyche in his upbringing?
Features of neuroses in children
To determine if you have cause for concern, you need to know the symptoms of the ailment. Signs of neurosis in children can usually be determined by the following characteristics:
- anxiety, touchiness, tearfulness;
- reaction to light and loud sounds;
- rapid fatigue and poor sleep;
- obsession with the negative situation;
- stormy reaction to any minor incident;
- changes in the physiological plan: digestion, pressure, palpitation, etc.
What is the reason that neurosis in children shows similar symptoms? According to experts, the majority of neurotic children get their diagnosis due to their parents. Their main mistake is the desire to make better methods, which act exactly the opposite. The most common types of upbringing that harm the child's psyche are:
- "Do not make yourself an idol". Many children grow in the center of attention relatives. Such a kid adores, indulges all whims, allows you to violate all the limits of what is permitted, praise with other children, understating their dignity, etc. Such actions make the child hysterical, sometimes leading to psychopathy.
- Hyperopeka. Excessive attention to the child and the desire to make the child a genius lead to the fact that due to excessive fuss around himself the child becomes a hypochondriac. Because of the fact that instead of the child everyone does his parents, he becomes closed and dependent, which leads to anxiety and depression.
- Hypoopeca. If no one is engaged in a child and he is for the most part his own master, he will grow up aggressive and quick-tempered.
- There are also mixed types of education , in which the child can be humiliated, deprived of attention, insulted or frightened. Do not be surprised if the neurosis of such a baby becomes chronic.
Neurosis in children - treatment
Correction of neuroses in children is a process that must be entrusted to specialists. This includes psychological or psychotherapeutic assistance, as well as drug therapy.
At the same time, parents themselves should reconsider their approaches to the upbringing of the child. Prophylaxis of neuroses in children should be based on the behavior of adults. If there are any signs of this ailment, it is worthwhile to buy an aquarium with fish, tasty to feed the child, walk with him to the river or pool, engage in physical culture and include calm music.