Fondant for cake is a confectionery decoration that gives the product a memorable shine, taste and aroma. It is a highly flavored sugar syrup with the addition of treacle or citric acid, which, depending on the aesthetic wishes, introduce chocolate, fruit supplements, cream or cocoa, trying to emphasize the exclusivity of baking.
How to make sweet?
Fondant for a cake at home is varied with options. However, there is a classic recipe in which 800 g of sugar dissolve it in 270 ml of water and cook until thick, add a solution of citric acid and cook for another 30 minutes. With the help of ice, the sweet is quickly cooled, beaten with a mixer and placed on a cold day.
- Preparation of sweets requires the observance of clear proportions and quality products. So, when choosing cocoa for chocolate fudge, you need to pay attention to its composition - it should be a powder without vegetable additives and flavor enhancers.
- If the composition of fudge includes butter, then its fat content should not be less than 83%. Otherwise, the chocolate fondant will become white when applied.
Chocolate sweets from cocoa
Chocolate fondant has two options for cooking: based on chocolate or cocoa powder. The latter - is relevant in the case when you need to make unpretentious homemade cakes quicker and without special financial expenses, more delicious and more effective. To do this, boil the sugar with cocoa in milk and, after cooling, mix the mass with the oil.
- cocoa powder 40 g;
- sugar - 125 g;
- milk - 80 ml;
- butter - 90 g.
- Stir the sugar with cocoa.
- Warm the milk and pour into a dry mixture.
- Put the mass on the stove and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add a soft oil to the mixture and mix well.
- Sweet chocolate for the cake is applied to the products immediately.
Chocolate fondant for chocolate cake
Chocolate fondant for a cake of dark chocolate is traditionally used to decorate the product, which needs to give a shiny and effective surface. To do this, add egg to the mass of butter and chocolate. As a result, the fondant becomes glossy and plastic, well lays on the surface and does not cause any inconvenience in the work.
- black chocolate - 200 g;
- oil - 110 g;
- powdered sugar - 250 g;
- egg - 1 pc.
- Melt the chocolate with butter on a water bath.
- Stroke the egg and stir it quickly.
- Add the powder and whisk until smooth.
- Fondant for chocolate cake is applied to the product hot.
Creamy fudge at home - recipe
Creamy fudge is a recipe that allows you to create a delicate, silky frame for cakes, desserts and a base for sweets. The fondant is made from cream, which, when interacting with sugar, during the boiling, get a caramel color and a soft but stable consistency, because of what the mass falls well and quickly freezes.
- sugar - 250 g;
- cream - 120 ml;
- oil - 60 g;
- vanillin - 2 g.
- Connect the cream, butter and sugar in the containers.
- Put on a stove and bring to a boil.
- Add vanillin and cook, stirring, until the mass will get a pleasant caramel shade.
- Check the readiness by dropping a drop of sweets into the water: the frozen drop is ready for use.
White fondant for a cake - the most claimed kind of an ornament. It is made from sugar syrup (for which it was called sugar), fried, chilled and whipped in a tight mass. This fudge is very convenient, because for a long time it can be stored in the refrigerator, and heated up to 40 degrees, quickly adopts a viscous consistency.
- sugar - 250 g;
- hot water - 150 ml;
- citric acid - 1/2 tsp;
- boiling water - 10 ml.
- Fry the sugar with hot water, stir, remove the crystals from the adhered crystals and boil until boiling.
- Remove the foam and cook until the sample on a soft ball, periodically dropping a drop of syrup into a container of cold water.
- At the end of cooking, add citric acid, diluted with boiling water, counting 12 drops.
- Syrup quickly cool and beat with a mixer until it turns white.
- Sweet sugar for the cake quickly freezes, so before glazing it needs to be warmed.
Milk fudge for cake
Milk fudge is the most simple and financially profitable option, in which two components - milk and sugar - can create an ideal decoration. On technology, it is similar to sugar fondant. The mass also boils down, cools and is long-blended. Milk gives a sweet creamy color and melted taste, so it can not be supplemented with other ingredients.
- milk - 450 ml;
- sugar - 400 g.
- Dissolve the sugar in warmed milk and bring the mass to a boil.
- Prepare the syrup to cream color.
- Conduct samples on the "soft ball".
- Cool the mass with ice and, stirring, bring to the state of a homogeneous smooth lump.
- Before applying to the surface , the sweetener from milk and sugar warms up to a fluid state.
Lemon fondant - recipe
Lemon fondant is a good solution to give freshness and bright color to baking. It is attractive taste and original cooking technology, which, in fact, like a custard. Unlike the latter, the fondant is brewed on lemon juice with the addition of zest, acquiring a gentle sourness and a pronounced citrus aroma.
- lemon - 4 pieces;
- sugar - 350 g;
- egg - 4 pieces;
- oil - 225 g;
- starch - 10 g.
- Remove the lemon peel, and squeeze the pulp.
- Mix with beaten eggs, sugar, butter and starch.
- Put on a plate and cook until thickened for 8 minutes.
- Such a sweet can immediately decorate the product or put the mass in a jar and store it in the refrigerator.
Chocolate fondant for cake with sour cream
Sweet - a recipe aimed at decorating the cake effectively, not expensive and to please everyone. In this case, the chocolate fudge from cocoa and sour cream will help out. Consumers will appreciate the bitter taste and aroma, and the landlady will save on buying and will not get tired when working with a plastic mass that, thanks to sour cream, will not take a crust after cooling.
- sugar - 80 g;
- cocoa powder 80 g;
- sour cream 20% - 80 g;
- butter - 50 g.
- Stir the sugar with cocoa and sour cream and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the oil and mix.
- Such a fondant for a cake is taken to work slightly cooled, a couple of minutes after removing from the plate.
Orange fudge for cake
A cake sweets recipe can include healthy and healthy ingredients. A vivid example is orange fudge, prepared from peel and juice of citrus, rich in vitamins and being natural flavors. This sweet is worth stocking for future use to use as a topping and as a fastening base.
- orange - 2 pieces;
- sugar - 120 g;
- oil - 70 g;
- egg - 1 pc.
- Remove the zest from the oranges, squeeze the pulp.
- Combine the juice and zest in a separate container and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Strain, add butter and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, pour in a trickle the beaten eggs and cook until the consistency of condensed milk.
Color fondant for cake
Sweet confectionery is capable not only to give the product aesthetic appearance, but also to make it memorable. For this purpose, natural dyes are added to the mass. The latter, give a sweet and color, and a slight aftertaste. Often the basis is sugar, milk and cream fudge, which have initially soft shades.
- powdered sugar - 400 g;
- water - 150 ml;
- cherry juice - 120 ml.
- Fill the powdered sugar with water and cherry juice.
- Put on the stove and boil until thickened.
- Cool and beat with a mixer.