Euthyroidism of the thyroid gland - what it is, it is important to understand thoroughly, because such a physiological condition is an alarm signal. It indicates a malfunction in the work of this body. In addition, serious diseases can intensively develop against its background.
Euthyroidism - what is it?
To understand this will help the term used to characterize this state. From the Greek word "εὐ" word for word "good", and from the Latin "thyreoidea" - "thyroid gland". So it becomes clear what is euthyroidism. Literally it means "a well-functioning thyroid gland". The hormonal function is really normal. What not to say about the structure of the gland. It begins to expand greatly in volume.
What is dangerous euthyroidism?
This pathological condition is considered borderline: at any moment the hormone level can either increase or decrease. As a result, a serious illness will begin to develop, for example, autoimmune thyroiditis or endemic goiter. Especially dangerous is euthyroidism in pregnancy, because this pathological condition can result in serious consequences for both the woman and her crumbs.
Since in the human body all organs are interrelated, complications can affect such systems:
- nervous - there will be panic attacks, depression, prolonged depression, forgetfulness;
- cardiovascular - increased pressure, faster heartbeat, increased risk of a stroke or heart attack;
- gynecological - can cause malfunctions in the menstrual cycle, infertility.
Euthyroidism - Causes
There are many factors that contribute to the development of this physiological state. Nodular euthyroidism is caused by such causes:
- unfavorable ecological situation;
- hereditary predisposition;
- taking certain medications;
- excessive stress;
- inflammatory process that occurs in the tissues of the thyroid gland;
- insufficient reception of iodine by the body;
- hormonal restructuring;
- strong psycho-emotional loads;
- acute infectious diseases;
- poisoning the body with cobalt, mercury, arsenic or lead.
This kind of pathological condition is not uncommon. Autoimmune thyroid euthyroidism is provoked by the following factors:
- started caries ;
- recent influenza;
- high level of radiation;
- excessive stress;
- prolonged exposure to the scorching sun.
This type of pathological condition is a side effect that develops against the background of taking certain medications. Such euthyroidism is a reversible process. After the abolition of provocative medicines, the thyroid gland returns to normal. For this reason, this pathological condition does not require any treatment.
Euthyroidism of the thyroid gland - symptoms
Most patients who are diagnosed with this pathological condition are unaware of it. This is logical, because at the initial stage the problem is asymptomatic. Only after a significant increase in the thyroid gland in terms of patients do they understand that something is going on in the body inappropriately, and they seek medical help.
Euthyroid symptoms can have more and such:
- weight loss for no apparent reason;
- increased sweating ;
- problems with sleep;
- hoarse voice;
- labored breathing;
- emotional exhaustion;
- expansion of veins in the neck;
- increased fatigue.
Euthyroidism of 1 degree
At this stage, the pathology is asymptomatic. The diagnosis of euthyroidism can be made by a doctor after a thorough examination of the patient. At this stage, it is impossible to determine the enlargement of the thyroid gland. Yes, and palpation, too, it does not come to light. The touch is determined only by the isthmus. To make sure that there really is a problem, ultrasound helps.
Euthyroidism of 2nd degree
At this stage, the problem is aggravated. The thyroid gland is noticeably enlarged. Determine this when visual examination does not work, but palpation will give more objective information. In this case, the doctor may suggest euthyroidism and hypothyroidism. An accurate and reliable diagnosis will be made only after a thorough and comprehensive examination of the patient.
Euthyroidism of 3 degrees
In this pathological state, the enlargement of the thyroid gland is clearly manifested. Euthyroidism of the thyroid gland - what does this doctor know? For this reason, he will palpate the problem area. After a diffuse goiter, euthyroidism is examined using ultrasound. Comparing all the results obtained, the doctor prescribes effective therapy.
Euthyroidism - nodal goiter
It is a growth of the tissues of the thyroid gland. In this pathological process, the formation of single or multiple nodes occurs. In medicine, it is often called "nontoxic goiter euthyroidism." In the thyroid gland, such pathological changes can occur:
- Endemic goiter is formed . The reason for its appearance is the lack of iodine in the body.
- The thyroid gland increases in size, but there are no formations in it.
- Nodular goiter of the 1st degree is euthyroidism. At this stage in the overgrown thyroid gland one formation appears.
- Nodular goiter of 2 degrees with several nodules.
- Pathology, in which numerous formations in the thyroid gland are joined together.
Euthyroidism - Diagnosis
To accurately diagnose and prescribe an effective treatment, the doctor will send the patient to the examination. Euthyroidism of the thyroid gland - what it is, the doctor knows for sure, so he will prefer to receive full information about the condition of the person who has applied. Diagnostics includes such procedures:
- visual inspection and palpation;
- tests for euthyroidism for thyrotropin and iodothyronine are given;
- ultrasound is performed;
- Fine needle biopsy and scintigraphy are performed.
If a multi-nodular goiter of 1 degree euthyroidism is manifested only by the growth of tissues, but the hormonal background remains normal, the doctor does not prescribe medication to the patient. He takes the situation under personal control. This means that the patient will have to appear more often at the reception, so that the doctor can actively monitor his condition and, if necessary, respond in a timely manner to the changed situation.
Euthyroidism - treatment
Therapy of this pathological condition is aimed at restoring the thyroid gland. A comprehensive approach is used for this. Euthyroidism of the thyroid gland - what it is, the doctor will explain in detail to the patient. In addition, he will give his recommendations about nutrition and prescribe medicines. However, the doctor knows how to treat euthyroidism not only medically, but also with the help of folk methods. Effective alternative means he will prescribe as an auxiliary therapy.
To ensure that the problem found at the initial stage is not exacerbated, it is important for the patient to follow preventive measures. This will reduce the signs of a pathological condition such as thyroid euthyroidism, symptoms and treatment will not be needed later. For this, the patient needs:
- Minimize the occurrence of stressful situations.
- Twice a year to donate blood to determine the amount of thyrotropin.
- Every 4-5 months to do ultrasound.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun, and also refrain from visiting the solarium.
- Refuse bad habits - smoking, alcohol abuse.
If the drug therapy is ineffective and the thyroid condition only worsens, the doctor can recommend surgical intervention. During the operation, the doctor will make several incisions. Through them, he will remove the overgrown parts of the thyroid gland. More often after such surgical intervention, the incisions heal quickly and the scars are almost invisible. The complexity of this procedure is that the doctor needs to correctly determine the size of the site to be removed. If during the operation the surgeon will cut out a larger fragment than it should have, this will lead to the development of hypothyroidism.
Euthyroidism - treatment preparations
In the fight against this pathological condition, the following therapeutic regimens can be used:
- Treatment with iodine-containing drugs - this method is effective in the early stages of the development of the pathological condition. More often, such drugs can be prescribed: Antistrum, Camphyod, Microroyod. The daily dosage is 200 mg. This amount is enough to stop the proliferation of thyroid cells. Such treatment gives a positive effect, as it is aimed at combating the very cause.
- Monotherapy (using the drug Levotiroksin sodium) - affects the hormone of the pituitary gland. Such treatment provides for constant monitoring. With the cancellation of this medication multinodular goiter, euthyroidism can recur.
- Simultaneous reception of iodine and levothyroxine sodium. Such a scheme is good in that the thyroid gland is restored more quickly. In addition, the likelihood of recurrence is very small.
Euthyroidism of the thyroid gland - treatment with folk remedies
Homemade "preparations" will come to help, based on medicinal plants. One of them is zyuznik. Dried medicinal plant must be crushed in a coffee grinder into a powder. Then it is mixed with the same amount of honey. Take this medicinal mixture should be three times a day before meals for 1 tsp for a month. A positive result is already observed after 2-3 weeks after the beginning of taking the "drug".
Euthyroidism - treatment of folk remedies with the help of Baikal skullcap
- dry grass - 5 tbsp. spoons;
- red dry wine - 700 ml.
- Wine is poured into a saucepan, put on a stove and brought to a boil.
- Add here Baikal skullcap.
- Cover the pan with a lid, reduce the fire to a small one and "languish" for 10 minutes.
- Remove the dishes from the fire and leave the broth to infuse for 3 days.
- Filter the drug and take 1 tbsp. spoon 4-5 times a day.
- Keep the remaining drug in a tightly sealed glass container in the refrigerator.
- motherwort - 50 g
- flaxseed seeds - 25 g;
- herb medusa - 25 g;
- black walnut leaves - 50 g;
- cherry buds - 50 g;
- Icelandic centrarium - 100 g;
- water - about 1 liter.
- All medicinal plants, kidneys and seeds are ground on a coffee grinder into a powder.
- Fall asleep in a saucepan and pour the collection over with boiling water. The recommended ratio is 1:10.
- Put the pan on the fire and cook the contents for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the plate.
- Cool the broth and strain it.
- Take should be 2 tbsp. spoons three times a day. Therapeutic course - 2 months.
Euthyroidism - nutrition
In such a pathological condition, the patient should pay special attention to his diet. The menu needs to be enriched with products rich in iodine:
- sea cabbage;
In addition, it is important to enrich the diet with foods high in fiber. Such products will help in this:
- oatmeal and buckwheat;
- fresh vegetables.
The combination of euthyroidism and excess weight is very rare. More often with this pathological condition, severe leanness is noted. Recommended frequency of food intake is 4-5 times a day. It is important for the patient to thoroughly understand the euthyroidism of the thyroid gland - what is this and what products should be discarded. The list of forbidden food is considerable:
- fatty meat and fish;
- smoked products;
- semi-finished products;
- flour products;
- fast food;
- strong tea and coffee;
- cabbage, turnips;
- spicy dishes;