Social benefits and benefits are cash benefits that are paid to citizens in the period of their incapacity for work, as well as to provide assistance in socially significant cases determined by law. Let's look at what relates to social benefits. An example is:
- unemployment benefits;
- payments to mothers during pregnancy and birth, childcare allowance;
- benefits for single mothers;
- disability benefits;
- funeral allowances, etc.
Types of social payments can be as follows:
- one-off material assistance;
- monthly social payments;
- periodic payments.
Social payments to pensioners and disabled people
Social payments to pensioners are provided monthly for citizens who receive a pension, but do not have any benefits. The amount of payments is determined relative to the size of the subsistence level and the pension received. Payments, as well as surcharge and recalculation, are appointed at the request of the citizen to the appropriate authorities, in this case - the local department of social protection of the population.
Social payments to disabled people are accrued on a monthly basis and are paid to war veterans, former underage prisoners of concentration camps, etc., disabled and disabled children affected by radiation. Payments are assigned to the local social security and population protection bodies after a written application of the citizen and all documents provided.
Social payments to families of different categories
- Social payments to large families are paid monthly, the amount depends on the state of the parents' income. Payments are appointed at the request of the parents to the local social protection and support bodies, as well as under the current law or amendments to it. Also, there may be benefits for paying for utilities, transport payments, and tuition fees.
- Social payments to low-income families are appointed and conducted in accordance with the laws on aid and budget. To do this, parents need to contact the local social protection authorities, where they will be explained all the information on the current law. The size of social payments is defined as the difference between the monthly subsistence minimum for the family and the average monthly income of the family.
- Social payments to young families are usually appointed to improve living conditions. There are special programs for young families to purchase housing. This is done, mainly, to improve the demographic situation in the country and a particular city. To receive such payments, you must also contact the local social security authorities.
Social payments to pregnant and single mothers
Social payments to pregnant women are paid in total for all maternity leave before and after childbirth. For working women, the benefit is 100% of the average wage calculated over the past two years. Students are paid at the place of study,
The category of single mothers includes unmarried women who gave birth or adopted a child out of wedlock, as well as women whose paternity of the child is not established or contested. Social payments to single mothers are paid for the maintenance of the child upon reaching the age of majority or the end of the day form of the educational institution. The size of the payment is the difference between the subsistence minimum for the child and the mother's income for the month, but not less than 30% of the child's living wage.
Compensation and social payments are accrued to citizens in the event of not accruing pensions, payments or the issuance of deposits. If it comes to court, it is worth remembering that you can demand payment only for the last 6 months.