During gestation, the baby's arterial pressure in a woman exceeding 140/90 mm Hg. is considered elevated. However, for all, there is a norm in which a person feels well. In this article we will tell you how to reduce the pressure during pregnancy.
Why does the pressure increase during pregnancy?
Elevated blood pressure during pregnancy can be due to a number of diseases:
- disorders of vascular tone;
- changes in the work of the adrenal glands;
- abnormal functioning of the thyroid gland;
- adrenal disease.
Arterial hypertension is an alarming symptom, which is dangerous for the mother and fetus. Therefore, with the often increasing pressure, it is necessary to consult a gynecologist who is leading a pregnancy. After all, only the doctor knows how to properly reduce the pressure in pregnant women.
Symptoms of hypertension:
- severe dizziness and severe headache;
- heart palpitations, darkening in the eyes, tinnitus;
- nausea or vomiting, redness of the chest and face.
In the presence of pronounced symptoms and ignorance of how to relieve the pressure during pregnancy, it is urgent to call an ambulance.
How to reduce pressure during pregnancy?
If a woman often needs a decrease in pressure during pregnancy, she is recommended to reduce the amount of salt consumed to 5 g per day. To normalize the level of lipoproteins and cholesterol in the blood, which also contributes to the growth of blood pressure, doctors are advised to reduce the amount of animal fat in the diet.
It is easier to prevent hypertension than to knock down already high blood pressure during pregnancy. To do this, you must follow simple rules:
- more rest;
- take all prescribed drugs by the doctor;
- Do not use cocoa-containing foods, coffee and strong tea, they increase blood pressure;
- do not be nervous, with drinking disorders, drink valerian or motherwort, take a cool shower.
Products that lower the pressure during pregnancy:
- beet and beet juice;
- cranberry and cranberry juice;
- slightly boiled tea with several slices of lemon;
- pumpkin broth with honey (boiled on low heat pumpkin and honey);
- salad of fresh vegetables: carrots, beets and cabbage in the same portions, dressed with olive oil;
- raspberry juice (2 tablespoons three times a day).
With fresh vegetables it is important not to overdo it, especially beet, because its juice can act as a laxative.