The choice of materials for exterior finishing of any home is always a difficult task - it is necessary to protect the structure from changes in temperature and humidity and do it not to the detriment of aesthetics. Facing stone for the socle not only copes with protective functions, but gives the building a respectable look.
Finishing the plinth with natural stone
As you know, the socle is the part of the foundation projecting above the surface. This part is the maximum load: the weight of walls and ceilings, the whims of nature, the influence of sunlight, the corrosive effects of chemicals and mold fungi. Properly selected facing material allows not only to minimize the speed of destructive processes, but also to insulate the structure further, because the base is a bridge of cold from the foundation to the living quarters.
A natural facing stone for the base of the house can be called the most noble kind of decoration - any building with its help acquires an expensive and respectable look. It also attracts a combination of a high level of strength and safety for human health and the environment. But it was not without drawbacks. These include the high cost of material, the need for preliminary strengthening of the bearing surface, the complexity of laying operations and the increased load on the foundation of the house, which gives a facing stone for the socle due to its own weight.
Natural stone for facing the plinth
Finishing the socle with a stone begins with choosing the type of material. Much depends on financial possibilities and design ideas, but there are unshakable rules:
- Facing stone should be mined in the same area where the house is built. This will help to avoid unpleasant surprises after finishing the finishing, for example, dying the sites under the influence of cold or strong wind.
- Do not combine in the lining of silicate and carbonate rocks. Substances that form their basis are not "friendly" with each other, as a result of which the finish will quickly crumble.
For facing works, the following types of natural stone can be used:
- Marble. Regardless of the high cost and status of high-end material, this stone is not the best idea for the lining of the socle. On the surface of the marble cladding, traces of water streaks, mud splashes, etc. will develop over time. And under the influence of winter frosts, slabs can deform and begin to crumble.
- Granite. Due to its strength, this magmatic rock was called the eternal stone. In favor of the idea of using granite as a facing stone for the socle says its resistance to most chemical and mechanical effects, a wide range of colors and the possibility of various surface treatments.
- Sandstone. Porous and light, sandstone not only looks great on the base, but acts as an additional thermal insulation. To make the material less sensitive to water and wind, additional varnishing and / or roasting helps.
- Shell rock. Created by nature from the remains of mollusks, shell rock is a unique facing material - it not only insulates the socle, but also improves the atmosphere of the house, acting as a bactericidal shield.
- Slate. A strong layered rock of volcanic origin, the slate was called natural slate. He is almost indifferent to mechanical damage, ultraviolet radiation and temperature changes.
Facing the socle with a wild stone
The natural stone for the lining of the plinth, obtained as a result of the split of stone slabs into fragments of arbitrary shape, but of a fixed thickness, was called wild . Finishing any surface with this material turns into an interesting, but difficult task - it is necessary to collect a whole cloth from separate pieces of various calibers. In most cases, the term "wild" is applied to a flat flagstone having a smooth surface.
Socket made of rubble
Rocky or rocky rock - fragments of rock, having a maximum size of up to 50 cm on any plane. The price of such material may fluctuate depending on the place and method of extraction (manual or machine). Facing the socle with a natural stone of this kind requires the master to use a good eye and use mortars of increased strength.
Lining of the socle with a torn stone
Ragged is called one of the varieties of wild stone, in which the outer surface has an uneven (textured) surface. Obtain it with the help of jackhammers or directed explosions. Decorating the socle with a decorative stone with a torn face gives the buildings a special charm - an ordinary country house with the help of such a decoration becomes similar to an old castle.
Decorating the socle with artificial stone
In spite of all the appeal of natural natural materials, the lining of the socle with an artificial stone will never lose its popularity. The reasons for this are many and one of the main relatively low cost of such finishing. Modern production technologies make it possible to obtain an artificial facing stone for the socle, similar to that created by nature externally and somewhat surpassing it in terms of performance characteristics. For example, an artificial stone is capable of withstanding more than 150 cycles of freezing-defrosting.
Flexible stone for socle
Quickly polish the basement part of the building of any area and configuration will help finish the socle with a flexible stone. This modern material based on polymer resins and natural crumb is externally indistinguishable from natural stone, but it is plastic, light and does not require special skills for installation. A flexible facing stone is provided for the socle with rolls or cut to a small size. Mounting it is somewhat similar to gluing conventional wallpaper. To hide seams between individual panels their edges are heated with a construction hair dryer.
Clinker tile under the stone for the plinth
Fans of strict forms and restrained colors will definitely like the clinker tiles facing the stone. To lay such a facade stone for the socle is not more difficult than working with conventional ceramic tiles, and the result will please the eye with the accuracy of the lines. The surface of the clinker tile can mimic any stone type, but the most common is the granite tile.
Porcelain for a stone cap under a stone
Reliably protect the base of the house from cold, moisture and sunlight is able to lining the base of the house with an artificial stone based on porcelain stoneware . To produce this material, only natural components are used: iron, clay, feldspar and nickel. The surface of ceramic granite can be glossy or matte, have a smooth or rough texture. It is produced in the form of square plates with a side from 300 to 600 mm, the thickness of which can vary from 1.6 to 12 mm. Due to this, it is possible to select a ceramic granite facing stone for finishing the socle of any area.
Finishing the socle with a profiled sheet under the stone
The most budgetary way to protect the base is the corrugated sheet under the stone. For lining used profiled metal sheets trapezoidal cross-section with a vinyl coating, which accurately simulates the masonry. The installation of such a finish is not complicated: on the perimeter of the socle guide rails are installed, to which the segments of the proflist are attached. The greatest difficulty is not to damage the vinyl color coating of the lining material when cutting.