Asking which tile material to choose for the floor in the kitchen, many prefer ceramics. However, now there is an excellent alternative to classic ceramic tiles - porcelain stoneware for the kitchen floor and for other rooms where the use of such material is appropriate.
Arrangement of floors from porcelain tiles
Before considering the question of how to lay ceramic granite on the floor, it is worth mentioning that this material differs from ceramic tiles, which are visually virtually invisible, about the advantages and disadvantages of porcelain stoneware. These materials are similar not only externally, but also in many operational characteristics. However, different production technology has a certain effect on the structure and other indicators. So, unlike ceramic tiles, ceramic granite does not have microcracks, internal voids and pores, which makes it much stronger.
Advantages of porcelain tiles:
- Ceramic granite for the floor in the kitchen has good shockproof qualities. If you drop a pot or other cooking utensils on such a floor, then there will be no traces left on that floor;
- due to the fact that the porcelain has no pores, it is not afraid of water and under any flooding all the liquid will remain on the surface;
- this material has good characteristics of resistance to external influences (such a floor is not afraid of spilled boiling water and does not lose its properties under the influence of chemicals);
- the through texture of the pattern of the creamed granite does not change its appearance even with damage. In ceramic tiles, the pattern is not through, but applied to the surface, therefore, at the slightest skole, it is not necessary to speak about an aesthetic appearance.
Disadvantages of porcelain tiles:
- coldness of the material;
- installation of tiles is difficult to do on their own without certain skills - this is a long process, requiring experience, otherwise the service life can be significantly reduced.
Turning to the issue of installation, it is important to note the main and most important points of work with this material.
- The first thing you need to do is determine the layout scheme, besides, it will help correctly calculate the required number of tiles.
- Acquire special glue with a high adhesive ability.
- To acquire the necessary tools: mixer for glue, straight and notched trowel, rubber kijanka, level, tile cutter, plastic crosses for forming joints or even better - SVP (tile leveling system).
- Prepare the floor. If the surface is smooth, then you can do with a vacuum cleaner or a broom, if not smooth, then you will additionally make a screed.
Turning to the styling, it is necessary to determine the sequence and learn about the rules for working with porcelain stoneware.
- First prepare the glue, which should be homogeneous.
- Apply the glue to the floor so that there is a possibility of laying 3-4 tiles at once, and slightly protruded beyond the edges.
- The applied layer is treated with a notched trowel, creating furrows, which are necessary for more tight fit and fixation.
- Apply a little glue to the surface of the tile and also make furrows.
- The tiles are placed on the edge, pushing as much as possible to the neighboring one, using crosses or SVPs, and then densely laid on the glue.
Types of ceramic granite for flooring
If for the decoration was chosen tiles for the kitchen on the floor (granite tiles), it will be useful to learn about its varieties.
- Frosted . This kind is more often used for cladding, not for the floor, what to consider when buying.
- Polished . This species is also not suitable for sex, although it is used for this purpose. The broken structure reduces water repellent properties, besides such a coating will be slippery.
- Semi-polished . This option is also better to use for walls.
- Satinized . Such ceramic granite for the floor in the kitchen will do well, as it is resistant to dirt and has an attractive appearance.
- Waxed (statinized). Very suitable for the kitchen floor thanks to a matte surface, resistant to moisture.
- Structured . This option is presented in a wide range of different textures and is very popular.
- Rectified . This coating will look perfect, because it resembles a natural stone lining.
Porcelain stoneware for floor anti-slip
If we consider the question, what kind of ceramic granite is better for the floor in the kitchen, then the most important requirements are resistance to moisture and chemicals and anti-skid characteristics. Of the types of ceramic granite tiles considered for the kitchen, a statinized tile is better suited, because this kind is treated with a special coating providing durability and preventing slipping, even if the floor is wet.
Glossy porcelain tiles for the floor
If we consider the finishing variant polished porcelain stoneware, it is suitable for the kitchen floor, but has its advantages and disadvantages, which you need to know about in order not to be disappointed. Pulling out a certain number of requirements for this kind of material, one must understand that ceramic granite for a quality floor in the kitchen is not represented in the widest variety.
Pros of glossy ceramic granite:
- is not inferior in strength to most materials;
- it has a special decorative and aesthetic qualities;
- with proper installation and operation will last a very long time.
Cons of glossy ceramic granite:
- high price;
- trauma risk (when the moisture gets the surface becomes very slippery);
- demanding in the care (for example, if this kind is used for finishing the kitchen floor, then it will have to be constantly treated with special means).
Porcelain tiles for flooring
Choosing granite under the laminate floor for the kitchen or under the parquet, you need to decide on the type of material. So it is better for these purposes a waxed version is suitable, which is easy and simple to clean. As for the drawing, then it's a matter of taste preferences. The main condition from the point of view of design is its compatibility with other finishing materials and interior items.
Porcelain stoneware under a stone for a floor
Very organically and effectively looks porcelain with a pattern for the kitchen floor or hallway. Modern manufacturers offer a good range, which makes it possible to select the ideal option for creating a harmonious and functional kitchen interior. This version of the coating has many advantages:
- savings - this material is cheaper than natural stone three times;
- the reliability of imitation of natural stone is very high;
- The surface of a ceramic granite is qualitative and resistant to all kinds of mechanical and chemical influences.
Panel from porcelain tiles on the floor
Choosing a floor design from porcelain stoneware, many stop at the panel, because this option adds home presentability and chic. You can order a picture of the panel individually, but it will be very expensive to cost, therefore it is worth to go in other ways.
- To get ready drawing, optimally having calculated a size of a tile and an arrangement of a panel. The minus of this option is the limited choice.
- The second option is very complex and is worth a lot. The essence of it in drawing panels by mosaic masonry (cut individual fragments of tiles).
Colors of porcelain tiles for the floor
Considering the question of how to choose ceramic granite for the floor by color, the first thing to look at is how much the chosen shade will be appropriate in the chosen design, and how it will be combined with other objects and decoration materials. By and large, picking the right color of the material is not so difficult, especially if you use the universal shades.
White granite on the floor
If the question about porcelain stoneware for the floor - what to choose by color, has become a real dilemma, then you can choose a universal white that will suit absolutely for any interior. However, many doubt its relevance to use in the kitchen, but in vain. It is a mistake to think that all the flaws will be visible on the white. For example, a dark glossy surface, in comparison with white (not important, matte or glossy), in this indicator will be much inferior to light shades.
Porcelain tiles for floors
Choosing porcelain stoneware for the floor, a light version is considered more versatile and practical. If the interior design assumes the appropriateness of the gray floor, it remains only to choose a shade, because the palette of this light is very wide in saturation. This color of the floor fits well with many shades, but a very good option for the kitchen is a combination of gray flooring with curtains in tone, tablecloths or upholstery. Too dark colors are better not to choose, so that the room does not look gloomy.
Black porcelain tiles on the floor
Thinking about what will look better, what kind of porcelain stoneware on the floor (kitchen or hallway) is more aesthetic and original, many who like style and chic, stop on a black version, provided that it will be combined with the interior in general. Black floor made of porcelain stoneware is perfect for a variety of modern styles. Caring for such a coating is not at all difficult, besides it is resistant to all types of pollution, is not afraid of moisture or chemicals. Ceramic granite for the kitchen floor in black will give the room an unforgettable atmosphere, the kitchen will look expensive and stylish.
Porcelain tiles for flooring
Deciding which tiles for the kitchen on the floor, porcelain stoneware or other kind will be selected in the end, it is important to choose the right shade. Beige color of the crematorite for the kitchen fits very well. To finally make sure that this is an ideal option, you need to know with what shades and colors it has a favorable combination. Due to the fact that beige is a natural shade, the best combination for it will be:
- blue and blue;
- the black;
- green and turquoise.
Porcelain tiles for floors brown
Picking up a modern and beautiful design of the floor from porcelain stoneware, many stop on the brown version. By combining it is identical with beige, because it is also a natural, natural shade. If we talk about the design of the kitchen, then you need to choose a color solution based on personal taste. Choosing porcelain stoneware for an unusual floor in the kitchen, you should not forget about the panel. Very stylish and beautiful looks floor panel, which echoes brown with lighter shades.
Plinth made of porcelain tiles for floors
Coating of floors with ceramic granite is often combined with plinths of identical material. They can be in one version and differ in texture, color and pattern. The most common option when the plinth is, as it were, the continuation of the tiles on the floor. Such popularity is due to aesthetic appearance, but curly plinths made of porcelain stoneware are not uncommon. If the decision is made to use ceramic granite for finishing the floor, then it is necessary to immediately choose a skirting board to it, so that later there are no problems with the combination.