It is not easy to organize proper storage of shoes, especially in a small apartment. Specialists in the rational use of space and designers have proposed several interesting ideas for the distribution of shoes. In addition, it is important to know the rules of preparation and storage of such things.
Where to store shoes in the apartment?
In his home, you can find many different places for storing shoes, the main thing is that they meet the existing requirements.
- Shine. Many materials are adversely affected by direct sun rays, changing their color and quality.
- Humidity. The most suitable level of humidity for storage is 45-55%. Negative on the condition of shoes will affect both the rise and fall of these parameters.
- Temperature. Choose a place for placing shoes in such a way as to exclude temperature changes, and too low and high.
- Dust. Do not store things where it's possible to accumulate a lot of dust.
From the above requirements, we can conclude that the best place for storage will be a dressing room, pantry, closet and shelves. If you can not single out a separate place, then put the pairs in boxes, otherwise they are deformed and can become worthless. Many people are wondering whether it is possible to store shoes on the balcony in the winter, so the answer depends on what condition it is in. It is important that the conditions in this place meet the above requirements, that is, the balcony should be glazed, have heating and sun protection.
Storage of shoes - ideas
There are a huge number of options for storing shoes, which can be used when arranging your home. If you are looking for ways to store shoes, then pay attention to such popular ideas:
- Combined shelves. In the furniture store, you can find many different models in which the shoe stand is combined with other items, such as a nightstand or a bench. A good option is a single module that includes shelves for shoes, hooks for outer clothing, a bench, a mirror and so on.
- Vertical holders. There are different models of such products that can be attached to the wall, like hooks, installed on the floor or they can be retractable.
- Designer models. Devices for storing shoes can become a decoration of the room, but they will have to pay a tidy sum for them. An example is the concept Shoe tree (author Mark Hark).
- Application of moldings. If after repair there are superfluous moldings, then they can be used as a fastener for storing shoes with heels. They can be mounted on a wall or in another convenient place.
- Wooden boxes. The original storage shelves can be made from drawers and better if they are meant for storing wine. They can be weighed at different levels, painted in the desired color. To increase the number of storage locations, you can nail down two diagonal bars in each box, resulting in four separate cells.
- Pallets. Pallets were actively used in the design of premises and from them it is possible to make an excellent module for shoes. It is important to carefully sand the pallet, paint it and attach it to the wall.
- Pipes. Remains of plastic or other pipes do not need to be discarded, since they can be used to make original shelves for placing shoes without heels.
- Hangers. If there is a free bar in the closet, then you can store boots, shoes and flip-flops on hangers, attaching them with pegs.
Shoe storage boxes
The most common method of storage is the use of boxes that can have a transparent wall for the convenience of identifying the required pair. You can buy the boxes or convert them already having, for example, by decorating them with beautiful paper. Each box for storing shoes can be signed or glued to it a photo of a pair that is stored inside. In stores you can buy different baskets and storage containers, which can be placed in open shelves, getting a kind of interior decoration.
Shoe storage pouch
Manufacturers offer special cases that look like organizers . They have fabric walls and a convenient zipper closure. There are models with several sections for different pairs. If necessary, the covers can be washed easily. If there are no places for placing boxes, then you can use ordinary bags that you can do, both with your own hands, and buy. Sacks for storing shoes can be of different sizes to fit both under shoes and under boots. They keep the vapors from dust and various damages.
Organizer for storing shoes
Recently, various organizers are very popular, the purpose of which is to save space as much as possible. Want to know how to compactly store shoes, then pay attention to the tissue organizers, in the cells of which you can put shoes. They do not take up much space and can be placed, for example, under the bed. Another great option - hanging shelves, pockets, which are attached to an ordinary bar in the wardrobe, and there are flat models for fastening to the wall or door.
Shoe storage module
There are many different designs that can be open and closed. Consider the most popular modules:
- Modern lockers do not take up much space, but they can accommodate many pairs, and all thanks to a well-designed internal filling. A good option - the cabinet-galoshnitsa, whose shelves are placed so that the shoes will be in a vertical position.
- Think about how to store shoes in the hallway, then consider the options for shoe racks, which are convenient in that they do not take up much space. Their designs are very diverse, so there are options similar to conventional shelves, but there are elongated struts that rotate.
- If you want something original, then the storage of shoes can be carried out on the stairs, for example, a stepladder is suitable, which, if desired, can be folded and removed.
Stand for storing shoes
For the convenience of placing shoes in the closet, on shelves and in other similar places special stands are designed. In them, the pair is placed not in one row, but in two. If you want to hold shoes in a wardrobe on the shelves, then this option is an excellent idea. Such a stand can be used for drying shoes, before removing it in a box. It has a very simple design, which makes it easy to fold the stands into each other, which facilitates the storage process.
Shoe storage pouf
When choosing furniture, you need to pay attention not only to its appearance, but also functionality. Today in stores you can buy items that can perform several functions at once. If you do not know how you can store shoes, if there is not enough space, then get a pouffe with an internal container for storing things. Inside it, you can hide a few pairs of shoes, for which you can attach special pockets. Another good option for storing shoes is a banquet, which can be placed in the kitchen, balcony, in the hallway and balcony. There are models with compartments for storing shoes.
How to store shoes correctly?
All shoes can be divided into two groups: everyday and seasonal. For each option has its own features in storage. Many neglect care of couples belonging to the first group, so they quickly become worthless. Storage of shoes in the hallway should also imply its drying. To do this, you can put a special tray filled with stones. In addition, it is important to regularly process casual shoes to protect it from moisture, dust and dirt. When storing, take care that shoes have air access and do not touch each other.
Storage of footwear, which belongs to the seasonal group, carry out taking into account such details:
- Fill the pairs with crumpled newspapers or cotton wool.
- Shoes must be straightened so that no creases form.
- Put each pair in a separate box or bag.
- Do not wrap shoes in cellophane bags.
- Remove the insoles and dry them.
- If necessary, repair.
Storage of rubber shoes
Many believe that rubber shoes can be stored anywhere, but it's not. When choosing suitable ways of storing shoes from rubber, consider these rules:
- Dry the couple for at least two days, so that the material gets rid of all moisture.
- Do not put shoes from rubber near the heating devices and under the sun, as this will lead to the appearance of cracks.
- To store footwear from rubber, you need to ensure that they are in an upright position, as mold can be formed when stacked inside. If the bootlegs are soft, then put inside crumpled newspapers, which need to be changed every 3-4 months.
- Before sending rubber shoes for storage, it is recommended to treat it with a small amount of glycerin from the outside, and pour in talcum inside.
Storage of leather shoes
There are no special rules concerning the storage of footwear from the skin, therefore it is necessary to take into account the general rules presented above. The instructions on how to store leather shoes correctly indicate that the steam should be thoroughly cleaned of existing contaminants, dried and treated with cream. Inside it is necessary to put paper or cotton wool so that they absorb excess moisture. Keep things in a straightened form so that no creases form.
At what temperature can you store shoes?
The main conditions that should be taken into consideration when storing shoes are the correct temperature and humidity, which should not be more than 60%. Describing how to store shoes, it is important to pay attention that the temperature should not be too low or high, so the limit is considered to be the best 15-25 ° C. Proceeding from this, it is clear that one should not leave shoes in unheated and damp rooms, and place them near heating appliances or in direct sunlight.
How to prepare shoes for storage?
That footwear has served not one season, it is necessary to look after it properly and necessarily prepare it for storage. For this, it is necessary to take into account such rules:
- Remove dirt by selecting the method depending on the material: wipe the skin with a cloth soaked in a solution of ammonia, chamois or nubuck with a special brush and soap solution, and the textile allows soaking in water with the addition of detergent.
- Storage of seasonal shoes can be carried out only after thorough drying, just do not use a hair dryer, batteries and the like.
- From the outside, treat the shoes with cream, and for internal treatment use a disinfectant spray. You can replace it with folk remedy, for example, prepare a weak solution of potassium permanganate, peroxide or vinegar. Wipe the inside of the shoe with the finished product.
- It is recommended to insert special spacers or homemade cardboard inserts for bootlegs. If there is not a large box for them, then store the shoes in a suspended state using small hangers with clothespins.
Than to process footwear for storage?
To ensure that during storage, the material is not dry, does not fade and is not deformed, it is recommended to use special means.
- For any smooth material, emulsions that do not contain as much fat as the cream are suitable. This means creates a thin film on the surface that provides air circulation. The emulsion retains gloss, prevents shrinkage and retains an attractive appearance.
- If you are looking for a lubricant for shoes for winter storage made of artificial leather, then choose your shoe cream. It must be applied to the sponge and spread over the surface, and remove the excess with a napkin. For a natural skin cream is not suitable.
- For lacquer products, an aerosol is suitable, which will retain gloss and prevent scratches.
- Before storing shoes from natural leather, it needs to be treated with glycerin, which will retain elasticity. For brown skin, castor oil, which will restore the surface, will remain smooth and soft.