For most people, the pain in the left side at the waist level is often perceived as something frivolous. However, this signal from our body can serve as the first bell about health problems. In the abdominal area many vital organs are localized and a violation in the work of one of them can lead to sad consequences.
Pain in the left side of the cause
Since the bulk of the organs are concentrated in the pelvic area and the abdominal cavity, pain in the left side of the abdomen can indicate pathological processes in each of them:
- in the stomach;
- in the ovaries and fallopian tubes;
- in the spleen;
- in the pancreas (PZH);
- in the lungs;
- in the small and large intestine;
- in the kidney and ureter;
- in heart;
- in the diaphragm.
The scope of possible violations is indeed very wide, so it is best not to pin down the reasons for hurting your left side, but to entrust it to specialists. Pain can be irradiating, that is, localized outside the pathological organ. The main causes of discomfort can be the following diseases:
- Gastritis of the stomach with a violation of the integrity of its mucous membrane.
- Pancreatitis - chronic inflammation of the prostate can be explained by aching severe pain in the left side.
- Injuries and inflammation of the spleen.
- Myocardial infarction in the abdominal form, in addition to abdominal pain, is often accompanied by nausea, hiccoughs, vomiting and bloating.
- Pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, which can be expressed, both in dysbiosis and in oncology, have a pronounced algic symptomatology.
- Although the genitourinary system is localized in the lower parts of the pelvis, the pain can be responded more painfully - in the left side at the waist level.
- Pinching of the nerve leads to severe torment and even limitations.
Drawing pain in left side
When there is discomfort, it is important to pay attention not only to the area of the spread of pain, but also to the degree of its severity, duration of seizures and character. By these criteria, one can conclude the nature of pathology. For example, aching pain in the left side with increasing intensity can signal the development of an inflammatory disease of the kidneys, intestines or the female genitourinary system.
Sharp pain in left side
Suddenly, the acute pain in the left side was quite possibly triggered by a traumatic factor: a bruise, a blow or a sharp awkward movement. In this case, it is necessary to choose the optimal comfortable posture, in which algic manifestations are less noticeable and cause emergency medical care. It is better to abstain from taking pain medication as tolerant, so that doctors can get an adequate symptomatic picture.
If the rubs are given in the lumbar region or lower, then it is possible to suspect the pinch of the sciatic nerve or the manifestation of the intervertebral hernia. In this case, an X-ray diagnosis should be performed, after which the doctor will be able to prescribe loyal treatment, including deciding on the expediency of surgical intervention.
Stitching in left side
Very often, untrained athletes have a stomach ache on the left, as if they are colic. This signal from the body is not alarming, but more warning. The result of this symptom is the improper preparation for physical exertion and exercise. For example, a tight meal shortly before classes in the gym or neglecting warm-up and warming up the muscles before jogging can provoke temporary tingling pain in the left side at a level above the waist in the hypochondrium.
This is because the blood from the hidden reserves begins to intensively pour into the working muscles. Without a preliminary warm-up, the blood distribution becomes not uniform and the spleen just does not have time to cope with such a volume and begins to exert pressure on its own shell. In this case, several deep breaths will help, and in order to prevent pain, it is necessary to take note of the following recommendations:
- You can not start physical exercises earlier than 40-60 minutes after a meal.
- Warm-up before intense power and cardio training should not be shorter than half an hour.
- During the run, it is necessary to monitor breathing. It should be smooth and rhythmic.
- You do not need to talk during the training, as this can provoke colic.
- Equal posture will serve as a guarantee of even breathing, since nothing will squeeze the diaphragm.
- The intensity of the exercise (run) should be increased consistently, so that the body can adapt to new loads.
- In case of pain, stop training, calm your breathing, and then the pain will subside.
Dull pain in left side
Pressing, contracting pain in the left side of the abdomen in women are more common than in men. This manifestation can be explained by several states:
- premenstrual syndrome;
- inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs;
In addition, there are other causes of this kind of algic manifestations, for example, after the injuries and bruises of soft tissues in the area of pain localization. In any case, when such a symptom appears, you need to see a doctor for an accurate explanation of the causes of the pain and receive the necessary care.
Pain in the left side in front
If it hurts left from the front with an orientation toward the back, then these symptoms can touch the spleen:
Burning pain after a trauma can indicate a rupture of the spleen, which without an urgent operation is fraught with a profuse internal bleeding with a fatal outcome. However, if the pain sensations are localized below the waist, then, most likely, the pathology has affected the female reproductive organs. It can be:
- ovarian cyst;
- ectopic pregnancy;
Pain in left side from behind
When the backbone hurts in the waist, the first thing you can think about is sciatica. However, such symptomatology with restriction of motor functions may also speak of other causes of pain in the lumbar region:
- infectious diseases;
- inflammatory diseases;
- infectious diseases of the pelvic organs, including PPI;
- Diseases of the digestive tract: appendicitis;
- tumors, metastases;
- diseases in violation of metabolic processes: osteoporosis.
Pain in the left side during pregnancy
Bearing a child is always accompanied by many disturbing factors. A growing baby has a tremendous strain on the spine and internal organs. Therefore, when the side hurts on the left, as a rule, everything is written off to the tone, uncomfortable position of the child or tired back. However, such symptoms can have more serious causes:
- cystitis and inflammation of the ovaries;
- infectious diseases;
- uterine contractions;
- an obstruction of an intestine.
How to ease the pain in the left side?
Pains are not pathologies, but their symptoms, so you do not need to treat them, but the source. Painkillers give only a temporary effect and can only be used to relieve the condition before contacting a specialist:
- Ibuklin and ibuprofen;
Before removing pain in the left side with analgesics, you need to remember that:
- With a sharp pain that can not be stopped with drugs, so that doctors can make a complete clinical picture and quickly provide the necessary help.
- These drugs only remove the manifestation of the disease, but do not treat it, so only an appeal to the doctor will save you from suffering once and for all.
- Self-diagnosis and self-treatment are meaningless, because often the pathological organ is not at all where there is discomfort.