Each woman chooses for herself the most convenient method of contraception , since in many respects, the consequences will have to be deciphered exactly to her. By popularity, oral contraception is second only to condoms. And, although doctors give 99% and even more guarantees to the effect of these pill-rescuers, these almost 100% of the guarantee largely depend on the correct intake of contraceptives.
For ultimate clarity, we describe the course of action of oral contraceptives.
- The tablets prescribed to you contain two synthetic female hormones - estrogen and progesterone. They affect ovulation, in fact, it is suspended. Due to what the eggs do not ripen, carefully stored in the ovaries.
- Due to the action of oral contraceptive preparations, the uterus is covered by a layer of condensed mucus from the incoming spermatozoa.
- If somehow the ovum is nevertheless fertilized, it will be waited for by the "cold reception" of the unfinished endometrium, to which it must attach.
Thus, we get a "triple" protection.
And a few more advantages of combined oral contraception (COC):
- often gynecologists and dermatovenerologists prescribe to women COCs not so much for contraception as for the treatment and prevention of irregular cycles, painful PMS and acne;
- oral contraceptives serve as a reliable protection against cancer of the uterus, ovaries, colon, as well as diseases of the mammary glands;
- with the help of COC can be regulated "unwanted" monthly : just after the last tablet in the package should start without a break - this method should be used as rarely as possible, for example, during vacation in the swimming season.
Doctors are convinced that the dignity of oral contraceptives is much higher than the possible consequences of taking. And even more so, these consequences are not as harmful as abortion:
- taking COC can promote the development of cancer of the liver and mammary glands;
- increases blood pressure, can cause blood clots;
- possibly the appearance of pigment spots on the skin;
- some women get fatter from COC - this means that the doctor must choose a drug with a lower content of hormones;
- By the way, this method of contraception has nothing to do with oral sex, except that the drug is taken inside through the oral cavity.
And one more important precaution: smoking contributes to the strengthening of side effects from COCs. Smoking women under 35 should take drugs with a low content of hormones, and after 35 - combining smoking and COCs is generally prohibited.