Capillary hemangioma is a benign tumor that develops due to the accumulation of blood vessels on a small area of the body. Most often, this tumor is already being born, but still you have to deal with cases when such kind of education appear in adults.
Physicians have already started to study this disease quite a long time, but to date they have not been able to determine any specific factors that are favorable for the onset of the tumor. Despite this, the experts nevertheless advanced several theories explaining the causes of the appearance of capillary hemangioma in some people:
- bad ecology - it greatly weakens immunity;
- long stay under the open sun.
Hemangioma of the liver
Hemangioma of the liver is also an unusual benign neoplasm. In fact, the tumor - a cluster of vessels, during the development of which there was a malfunction. And usually it happens in the embryonic period. Hemangiomas of the liver are cavernous and capillary.
In general, there are single tumors, the size of which does not exceed 4 cm. After finding them in human life, nothing changes. In rare cases, the hemangioma increases to 10 or more cm. In such circumstances, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
Treatment of capillary hemangioma of the liver
Behind formations of this kind must be constantly monitored. After certain time intervals, it is necessary to undergo examinations. There are several main signs of hemangioma in which surgical intervention is indicated:
- it is on the surface and begins to squeeze the organs;
- the tumor is constantly increasing;
- neoplasm degenerates into cancer.
But there are also situations when operations are prohibited:
- the tumor affected the major blood vessels of the liver;
- already formed cirrhosis ;
- Hemangioma spread immediately to two lobes of the liver.
Treatment of capillary hemangioma on the skin
One of the most popular methods of treating capillary hemangioma is drug therapy. The type of drugs, dosage and duration of administration is determined by a specialist, depending on the individual characteristics of the patient's body.
There are other methods of combating neoplasm. Treatment without the use of a scalpel can be of the following types:
- Microwave and radiotherapy;
- laser burning;
- freezing with liquid nitrogen;
- high-frequency and constant electric current.
Removing small tumors on the body does not make sense. If capillary hemangioma is located on the face or an open area of the skin, experts recommend still undergo certain procedures. They will help to remove the feeling of discomfort. Small spots are removed by electrocoagulation. And in case of detection of a combined tumor, nitrogen and alcohol are used.
Many medical centers today offer the use of laser technology. The method has already proved its
Many doctors recommend that you pay attention to the hemangioma on the spine. If education does not expand, you can do nothing. Otherwise it is necessary to carry out treatment in one of two ways:
- Irradiation of the tumor with X-rays. Over time, it decreases and disappears altogether.
- Embolization - the overlapping of certain vessels that provoke the appearance of pathology, as a result of which the nutrition of the tumor is broken, and it dies.