The very name of the country of Costa Rica is translated from Spanish as a "rich coast", and it really is. Beaches here are considered one of the best on the whole planet. Let's talk about them in more detail.
General information about the beaches in Costa Rica
The territory of the state from two sides is washed by various waters: the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean. Costa Rica is considered an absolutely safe country, and the government's "green policy" makes it simply ideal for recreation . Beaches in the country are sandy, and the color of sand has many shades: snow-white, gold, silver, black (volcanic) and varies depending on the area.
Pacific beaches in Costa Rica are considered more predictable and calm. They are very many and they represent a straight line, occasionally interrupted by rocks. These beaches have developed infrastructure: the best restaurants and hotels. By the way, diving and snorkeling can be practiced simultaneously on two coasts of the country.
Famous Costa Rican Beaches
In Costa Rica there are a lot of beautiful beaches that I would like to mention. Depending on how you want to spend your time, it is worth choosing and a place to relax.
- Jaco is a place for those who love nightlife. There are often parties with an exciting program.
- Tamarindo is a beach on the Pacific coast in Costa Rica. This is the best place for surfing . Waves here are even dangerous. By the way, this area is great for bathing babies. At low tide: in the morning and before lunch in these places a long sandbank is established.
- Playa Matapalo is a beach that is considered the most environmentally friendly on our planet.
- Corcovado - this beach is suitable for those who seek solitude. This is a great place for camping with deserted beaches and the opportunity to see the inhabitants of the jungle.
- Manuel Antonio - it's worth to come to those who want to relax on snow-white sand and dreams of seeing different monkeys and birds.
- Playa Flamingo is the best place for lovers of sport fishing.
| || || |
| || || |
Popular beaches in Limone in Costa Rica
It is worth noting one of the best resorts of Costa Rica - the city of Limon , which is famous for its beautiful bays, tropical and mangrove forests. Here you can find sloths, monkeys, raccoons, iguanas and waterfowl, and also see how giant tortoises lay eggs or small turtles hurrying to the sea.
Beaches in Limon are surrounded by jungle, covered with white sand, and hammocks hang in the shadows of the palms so that vacationers can rest.
| || |