White plaque in the language of the child causes parents anxious thoughts and suggestions that the crumb is sick. In order not to miss the disease, you should know in which cases this symptom is a symptom of ailments, and in which it is considered an adequate reaction of the child's organism to changes in diet, medication intake and other factors.
White coating on the tongue is the norm
White language in a child can be attributed to normal manifestations of the body's defenses if there are such signs:
- the plaque has a whitish, slightly transparent color;
- the density of the plaque is low, the structure of the tongue is visible under it;
- The tongue, overshadowed by the raid, has an unchanged structure;
- There is no unpleasant smell from the mouth;
- plaque is noticeable after waking up and does not appear after removal during the day;
- the plaque is easily removed with a toothbrush;
- white coating on the child's tongue does not bring him unpleasant sensations.
The appearance of white mucus in some cases is a regularity and is associated with the work of leukocytes. Even with a thorough cleansing of the teeth in the mouth, between the teeth remain pieces of food, which are a suitable medium for the development of bacteria. To destroy them, the work of leukocytes is required. Active night activity of leukocytes is visible to us in the morning in the form of a light whitish coating. In the hot season, the white coating on the child's tongue becomes more abundant, and in the off-season it dries up and can get a yellowish shade.
White coating on the tongue of the newborn
Candidiasis as a source of whitish plaque in the language of children under one year is more common than other causes. In addition to thrush, white plaque on the tongue of a newborn child can be a sign of such diseases:
- viral stomatitis - appears in measles, scarlet fever, chicken pox and other viral diseases;
- gastrointestinal diseases: a dysbacteriosis , a gastritis, a constipation, a poisoning, infringement of acidity of a stomach;
- allergies to antibiotics;
- diabetes mellitus;
- anemia ;
- dehydration .
White tongue in an infant
White bloom on the tongue of the baby can be seen from time to time by all parents. This phenomenon is associated with a baby's diet consisting exclusively of milk or milk formulas, which leave a white trace after eating and when regurgitating . White coating on the tongue of an infant may be normal if it is accompanied by such signs:
- the baby is calm, has a good sleep and appetite;
- the plaque covers only the tongue, not extending to the surrounding parts of the oral cavity;
- the plaque is easily removed, and the tongue beneath it is pink and does not show signs of inflammation.
In a baby, the white covering of the tongue can refer to the signs of the onset of the disease, if there are such symptoms:
- the plaque is located in the tongue and in other parts of the oral cavity;
- he is fretful, refuses to eat, sleeps restlessly;
- when the plaque is removed, a sore tongue is noticeable.
White language in children after a year
In a child from one to two years of age, a white coating may still result from the use of an increased quantity of dairy products. Plaque in the language of white, appearing periodically in infants, begins to disappear as the child is transferred to a mixed diet. If the child is not disturbed by other symptoms, he is cheerful and active, has an ordinary appetite and a dream, then there is no reason for alarm.
White language in the child - reasons
To understand why in the language of white plaque, you should measure the temperature of the baby, carefully observe it and conduct a visual examination of the oral cavity. If a child feels awake, shows activity, looks healthy, then parents can not worry. Of the diseases in the symptomatology of which is white plaque in the child's tongue, the following are common:
- Inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity: stomatitis, candidiasis, caries. Thus the child will be whimsical, can refuse to accept food and can complain of a pain. Visually, a plaque covering the whole oral cavity, films in the tongue and sores will be visible. Removing the plaque can lead to bleeding.
- Diseases of the respiratory system: angina , acute respiratory infections, influenza, bronchitis, pharyngitis. White coating will be accompanied by pain in the throat, high fever and catarrhal manifestations.
- Infectious diseases: scarlet fever, measles, diphtheria, in which the plaque on the tongue can have a gray tint, its consistency will be dense and thick.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract: food poisoning , dysbiosis, gastritis. The plaque may have a brown tinge. The child may complain of nausea, abdominal pain, dizziness. Other symptoms will also be present: high fever, stool disorders, vomiting, rash.
White dots in the child's tongue
White dots and white patches on the tongue with spots can be symptoms of serious illnesses. For this reason, parents should contact the pediatrician as soon as they notice these signs. Among the problems that cause the formation of white dots, doctors identify the following:
- the use of pharmacological drugs for a long time;
- chronic and acute lesions of the digestive system;
- oncological diseases;
- excessive consumption of refined and sweet food;
- stomatitis of the esophagus.
The child's white tongue and temperature
Finding out why the child has a white tongue, parents should measure the temperature of the child's body. Normal temperature and normal activity of the child suggest that the baby is healthy. High and high temperature, whitish plaque, poor appetite and sleep should alert the parents. These symptoms manifest themselves in such diseases:
- severe form of thrush or candidiasis against infections;
- pharyngitis, laryngitis, tonsillitis;
- scarlet fever, diphtheria;
- dysbiosis, enterocolitis.
The child has a tongue and white coating
When determining the reason why a child has a white coating on the tongue, all the symptoms accompanying the plaque should be taken into account. If the plaque is accompanied by painful sensations, the baby will refuse food, be capricious, and sleep badly. The most common cause of pain in the language are manifestations of candidiasis. In this disease, the whitish coating can be located throughout the oral cavity. At visual inspection it can be noticed that the mucous membranes are inflamed and slightly changed.
Other causes of soreness of the tongue and the presence of plaque are infectious diseases (angina, pharyngitis) and food allergies. In some cases, the cause of pain in the language can not be determined. Presumably, such feelings can be associated with diseases of the digestive system or with the individual characteristics of the child's body.
White-yellow coating on the child's tongue
White-yellow coating on the tongue has a thick consistency, so it is difficult to remove it using a gauze pad. In this case, the presence of a plaque can be combined with an unpleasant odor from the mouth. A mucous coating of this color can be formed due to various reasons:
- unbalanced diet, excessive amount of fatty foods, lack of vegetable fibers;
- food in which dyes are abundantly present;
- food poisoning, accompanied by vomiting and nausea;
- Gastrointestinal diseases: gastritis, dysbiosis;
- liver disease.
White coating on the tip of the tongue of the child
Whatever the location of the whitish plaque in the oral cavity, its color and consistency, this symptom may be only part of the picture of the disease. That is, you can not make an accurate diagnosis only on this basis, you should take into account anamnesis and all the symptoms. So, in situations where the tip of the tongue is white in the child, it can be assumed that there are problems with the heart or liver, but it is important to visit the treating pediatrician to make an accurate diagnosis.
White lips and tongue in a child
Explanations of the situations, why the child is lined with a white tongue, can be given a few. In the first place among the causes is thrush. The plaque in candidiasis will have a rich white color and a dense structure. Such a raid will be difficult to remove, and under it will open sore tongue. With thrush, the plaque will be present in the tongue, gums and inner surface of the cheeks.
Another common cause of dense whitish coating in the language are diseases of the respiratory system. Even the usual ARI can be accompanied by pain in the throat and the formation of a plaque in the tongue. Sore throat, laryngitis and pharyngitis - already at the very beginning of these inflammatory diseases, a grayish-white coating appears on the tongue, an unpleasant odor may appear from the oral cavity. Red tongue with white bloom in the child
White plaque in the language of children, whose causes are not clear, frightens parents. If before the child did not notice the plaque on the tongue, then a few days after the appearance of the white coating, one should expect the appearance of the main symptoms of the disease. If the baby has a bright red tongue, covered with bloom, this may reflect the presence of an infectious disease: scarlet fever and diphtheria. In this case, the white coating on the tongue can change its color and density, depending on the course of the disease. So, with scarlet fever in the first day the raid is thick and thick, and at the stage of the development of the disease it disappears.
White coating on the tongue of a child - treatment
It would be wrong to call the universal method of getting rid of whitish plaque. If a child's white tongue is found, the treatment will be based on the underlying disease that caused the plaque to appear.
When the white spots in the child's tongue do not combine with other symptoms, you can use these recommendations:
- It is important to analyze the diet, reduce the amount of fatty and sweet foods.
- Increase the child's use of clean water.
- Observe the rules of hygiene, wash the children's teethers, brush their teeth, language, systematically change the toothbrush.
- Wear babies so that they do not overheat.
- Increase the immune defenses of the baby, take walks in the fresh air, temper, play with it in sports games.