Steampunk is once a subgenre of science fiction, and now a style that combines the romance of Victorian London, the industrial era of the 19th century and is inspired by fiction stories of Jules Verne and Herbert Wells. He will soon make a huge leap from the niche of fashion and become the center of attention. Subculture steampunk in the next two years will move from the category of "hobby" and expensive products to mass. It is expected that fashion legislators and manufacturers of jewelry and accessories will introduce the style of steampunk into their future collections. This means that soon you will be able to see and purchase any element that has become popular style, at any store closest to you.
Distinctive features of steampunk girls style are corsets, lush skirts in the floor, tight trousers, shorts, leggings, small hats, airy thin fabrics and veils, many layers of ruches, a variety of hairstyles and catchy make-up. Do not exclude men from the new trend, among which this style is also gaining popularity. Leather elements, a variety of fictitious mechanisms of golden hues, aviator's sunglasses, vests and frocks - all these elements of clothing can be found on modern steampunk men.
Steampunk style clothing
If you are impressed with this style, and you want to create your own steampunk image, you know, this hobby is not cheap. But if you are determined in your actions and ready to go to the end, we are ready to tell you about all the nuances of clothes in the style of steampunk.
- Headdresses: cylinders, bowlers, veils and ball masks.
- Coats: military themes and greatcoats.
- Jackets: double-breasted, striped, with vests.
- Shirts: for women - chiffon blouses with ruffles and turn-down collars, for men - classic shirts, preferably without collars.
- Underwear: garters and corsets.
- Materials that are most often used in creating the image: velor, velvet and lace.
- Pants: you can use any, except jeans, which are considered too frivolous and uncharacteristic for the style. Often, as an addition, use leggings.
- Steampunk dresses: short or long, with pleats or fitting, with ruffles or embroidery - a variety of styles and colors is the same as in the Victorian era.
- Steampunk shoes: leather shoes or high boots, always with lacing and on a high platform.
- Steampunk accessories: modified for individual style aviator glasses are an indispensable element of any steampunk image, as well as a pocket watch. Often among the elements of the steampunk jewelry you will find watch mechanisms, gears, wires, compasses, locks with keys and other elements of industrial style. The rest of the image, up to mobile phones and laptops can be "scrolled" to fit with your style.
As for makeup and hairstyle - this style allows you to express your personality and has no special restrictions - the more eccentric, the better.
In steampunk makeup, for shadows, try to use pastel, golden, metallic, orange, blue and shades of khaki. Colors should be calm colors and in no way neon, but do not be afraid to overdo it with eyeliner, false eyelashes and bright accents in the form of sequins and rhinestones. As for lipstick - you can use beige and pinkish shades to give your lips a natural shade or risk to paint them in juicy red and burgundy tones. For blush, use pinkish and peach shades. With makeup you will never go wrong, because in steampunk the main engine is your fantasy.
Hairstyle in the steampunk style, perhaps, is one of the most interesting and experimental moments in creating an image. Wigs, false strands, coloring, colored accents, a variety of colors from bright red to turquoise - all this you can safely complement your image. In view of the fact that the era is still a Victorian, try to focus on braids and curls. Do not spare the varnish and make high hairstyles, decorating them with large hairpins, feathers and hats, characteristic for steampunk fashion.
Despite the fact that the steampunk image is more suitable for costume photo sessions and events than for daily wear, no one will be surprised if some of its elements in the next years will be introduced into the style of Kazhalu.
Steampunk can be used as a means of boredom, allowing yourself to plunge into an alternative story, release your inner inventor outside and survive science fiction awake. For each steampunk has its own meaning, but one remains unchanged: elegance and unlimited imagination.
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |