About 30% of cases of gynecological diseases occur in inflammatory changes in the vagina, cervix, vulva. They can be caused by a variety of factors: trauma and mechanical effects (wearing the uterine ring, sexual contact, douching , abortion, labor, diagnostic curettage), common infectious diseases, various microorganisms penetrating the cervical canal.
Inflammation of the cervix is also called cervicitis. Often inflammation of the cervix is accompanied by colpitis, erosion, ectropion, salpingitis, endometritis and others, which can lead to unpleasant consequences for women. Therefore, it is so important in time to see a doctor and undergo appropriate treatment.
Symptoms of cervical inflammation
In the case of acute inflammation, the symptoms appear in the form of purulent or mucous discharge from the vagina, sometimes they are accompanied by dull pain in the lower abdomen. Other complaints of patients, as a rule, are a consequence of concomitant diseases ( salpingoophoritis , endometritis, urethritis).
Chronic form of inflammation is characterized by minor discharge, sometimes itching and burning in the vagina.
Than to treat an inflammation of a neck of a uterus?
In the arsenal of modern medicine, there are many methods for treating inflammation of the cervix, the main purpose of which is to eliminate predisposing factors and associated diseases.
To cure inflammation of the cervix, first of all, methods such as antibiotic therapy and antiviral therapy are used.
- In chlamydial cervicitis, tetracyclines, macrolides, azalides, quinolones are used.
- Candid cervicitis requires the use of Diflucan.
- In the treatment of cervical inflammations, also use local combined agents in the form of creams and vaginal suppositories.
- After the stifling of the acute process, the neck and vagina are treated with dimexide, solutions of silver nitrate or chlorophyllipt.
- Cervicitis of viral origin are especially difficult to treat. So, in the case of genital herpes treatment takes quite a long time and involves the use of antiviral agents, antiherpetic IG, immunostimulants and vitamins. For the treatment of HPV use cytostatics, interferons, remove condylomas.
- Atrophic cervicitis is treated with local estrogens in order to restore epithelial tissue and normal microflora.
- Chronic inflammations are more often treated by surgical methods with simultaneous treatment of concomitant diseases and restoration of a natural microflora.