Quite often emotions interfere with us in everyday life, while performing work duties - it is extremely difficult to make the right decision under the influence of emotions. So maybe there are ways to manage emotional processes and emotions?
Autotraining and management of emotions
The need to study emotional processes and manage emotions was noted quite a long time ago. Therefore, there is no shortage of methods for today. And one of the most reliable methods of managing emotions is auto-training. With his help, you can achieve a stable mental state, which can not disturb any stress. Autogenic training can help restore strength and performance, because in this state the body rests much more efficiently than during sleep or rest on the couch. Also, auto-training is used to treat psychosomatic and neurotic disorders.
Autotraining is best done in the evening before going to bed or in the morning after awakening. You need to choose a time when you are in no hurry, take care that there are no drafts in the room, because in this condition the body is very susceptible to colds.
Exercises to manage emotions are performed in the supine position on the back, under the head a low pillow, the legs are slightly apart in the sides, hands lie freely along the trunk. If you are afraid to fall asleep, then do the training sitting, leaning back in the chair or slightly hunched over, with your head on your chest.
There are three main types of exercises: heaviness, body and heart.
- Relaxation of the muscles first feels like the weight of each member. Therefore, the first thing to achieve is a feeling of heaviness.
- When you can at any moment cause a feeling of heaviness in your limbs, go to the next stage. Try to cause a feeling of warmth in your hands and feet.
- Then learn to manage your heart rate. After feeling the heat, repeat the formula "the heart beats smoothly, calmly."
The way out of the relaxed state is important, in no case can it be done by a jerk - as you relaxed gradually, so you should come back to activity a little.
There are other exercises for autogenous training, but they should be changed after you have mastered these exercises. The easiest way is for those who are familiar with Oriental practices, because meditation is the basis of autogenic training. After you learn how to easily enter any state you need, you can go on to the method of autologous modification.
Other techniques for managing emotions and feelings
- Negative emotions can almost always be broken by the opposite sign: jealousy can be suppressed by self-confidence, and anger can help to remove forgiveness and peace of mind. In most cases, it is love that suppresses negative emotions. If you do not know how to induce a feeling of joy and love, then it is worthwhile to practice in this, pleasant memories can help.
- Usually our emotions are reflected in our appearance, but the relationship between appearance and emotions is two-sided. That is, straightening his back and straightening his shoulders, you can really feel more confident.
- Too strong emotions need an outlet, so hitting cushions, breaking dishes in a fit of strong anger can be useful. But to control emotions in a conflict this method does not work - splash aggression can only be alone with yourself and only in inanimate objects.
- Often, the simulation of the situation helps, that is, to fight fear, you need to imagine the situation frightening you and understand how to act in this situation. To take on a Superman costume is not necessary, think up the actions that suit you.
- Many situations, which now seem to us insoluble and tragic, will become unimportant after a while. Therefore, in a situation that takes you out of balance, imagine yourself older by a few years, as if all this is a matter of days gone by.
- A good sense of humor makes life brighter, learn to laugh at problems, many of them and the eggs of the lost are not worth it. A mockery of life's foul weather will help you understand this.