Mineral water is water extracted from natural underground sources. It contains dissolved salts, microelements and some biologically active substances. There are also artificial mineral water, which is obtained by adding to neutral purified drinking water neutral or slightly alkaline salts. Certainly, such water is much inferior to the natural, which, passing through the Earth's thickness, absorbs all the most valuable and receives a huge charge of energy.
The medicinal properties of mineral water have been known since the time of Ancient Rome, where mineral springs were used both for healing various ailments and for rejuvenation. Today, mineral water is used for both indoor and outdoor use (for example, for SPA-procedures). It is also used in cosmetology, entering into many professional skin care products and hair. Mineral water for cosmetic purposes can also be used for home hair care.
Use of mineral water for hair
Mineral water - an excellent tool for strengthening, toning and moisturizing hair and scalp. Deficiency of microelements in hair follicles and rods leads to fragility, dullness and lifelessness of hair. The use of mineral water makes it possible to replenish the reserves of these substances, and also promotes the activation of metabolic processes, stimulation of blood circulation in the scalp, and affects certain biochemical processes.
For normal and dry hair, it is better to use weakly mineralized water, and for those prone to fat content, it is better to use a high salt content. This will also help to normalize the activity of the sebaceous glands, relieve the scalp from peeling the scalp. When using mineral water for hair, they last longer keep freshness and clean appearance.
How to apply mineral water for hair?
Mineral water for hair care can be used in two ways:
- rinse with mineral water after washing hair and using balm (conditioner);
- Use mineral water in hair masks.
To rinse hair, use mineral water without gas. For this, it is necessary to pour the mineral water into the enameled pot and slightly heat it. Mineral rinse can be used after each hair wash.
And now consider a few simple recipes for home hair masks with the addition of mineral water.
Mask-infusion for normal hair:
- Two handfuls of dry grass thyme grind in a mortar and pour half a liter of boiling mineral water, mix, let cool and strain. Apply to clean hair for 15 minutes, warming the head with a towel, then rinse with cool water.
Mask for fine hair:
- Cut a piece of black bread with mineral water to get a gruel and apply to washed damp hair for 10 minutes.
- After this, rinse under warm running water.
Hair Regenerating Mask:
- A teaspoon of gelatin is mixed in three tablespoons of mineral water without gas and put for a few minutes in a water bath until completely dissolved.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice, 2 - 3 drops of liquid vitamin A and as many drops of lavender oil.
- Apply the mask to clean damp hair for 15 - 20 minutes, then wash off with shampoo.
Mask for increasing the density of hair:
- Handful of peeled pine nuts to crush in a mortar, gradually adding mineral water to get a gruel.
- Then the resulting mixture is transferred to a ceramic pot and placed in a preheated oven (150 ° C) for half an hour.
- After cooling, rub the mixture into the scalp and apply to the hair after washing, after 20 - 30 minutes, rinse.