Surely in the wardrobe of each person there are light things that managed to change the original color and become gray and expressionless. What to do in a similar situation? Forget about your favorite outfits or accept their defects? Or maybe try to return them the old whiteness? If the latter option is more preferable for you, then it will be useful for you to learn how to whiten the grayed white things and protect their saturated color.
How to whiten things that have been painted?
The most annoying problem that can overtake white clothes is washing with colored things that are prone to shedding. In this case, your beloved white blouse can become bright crimson or dirty green, while the color may turn out to be non-uniform, but spots. How to proceed? It is better to use bleach. But before you whiten things with whiteness, consider several important points:
- metal elements must be removed before washing, otherwise they will leave hard-to-remove yellow spots;
- Do not pour bleach directly onto the fabric, otherwise you will burn matter;
- as a container, use a plastic or aluminum basin;
- Remove the odor of bleach with a spoonful of hydrogen peroxide or a fabric conditioner added during rinsing.
Now regarding the washing procedure. Dissolve whiteness in warm water and pour the solution onto clothing. Let things lie in the water for 40 minutes, after which they will need to be rinsed in cold water.
Traditional methods of bleaching
If there is no whiteness, then alternative ways of washing can be used. For example:
- Boric acid . Pour water into the pelvis and add 2 tablespoons of boric acid . Leave clothes in water for a couple of hours. After that, wash your clothes in the usual way. This method is better used for bleaching socks and shirts.
- Manganese . In 10 liters of warm water dilute a bit of potassium permanganate (water should become light pink) and a glass of detergent. Put in the water already washed clothes and wait for the complete cooling of the water. Now rinse things and dry them in the sun. The yellowness will go away instantly!
- Hydrogen peroxide . This remedy also helps to restore the tissue to its original whiteness and attractiveness. So, how to whiten things with hydrogen peroxide? To do this, you should dilute the 3% solution in water (1/2 tsp to 1 liter of water) and for 30 minutes, lower the grayed clothing in the resulting solution. To enhance the effect, you can add a spoonful of soda.