The answer to the question of how much love lives in relationships, statistics does not give an optimistic - only about 3 years, after which 45% of pairs fall apart. However, new theories constantly appear, explaining what love is, and also the duration that determines it.
How long does love live in marriage?
From the point of view of physiology, love is the result of the hormonal "cocktail" coming into the blood, which causes confusion of thoughts, insomnia , palpitations, a state of euphoria and other signs of this feeling. This state of acute love lasts only a short time - up to six months. And if beloved after this period remain together, completely different psychological processes are included.
Most often, the question of how much love lives, tries to answer psychology. Specialists distinguish several stages of love, which successively replace each other:
- love, passion - this stage lasts from a few days to several weeks, is characterized by obsession with thoughts about the object of passion, the inability to think about something else (a well-known example of such a passion - Romeo and Juliet);
- conditional love is a longer stage, lasting from several months to 1.5-2 years, characterized by the appearance of proprietary feelings, when the lover expects that the object of passion will correspond to his desires;
- transition to love - this stage lasts 1-2 years, characterized by a decrease in the intensity of the passions and the desire to be together all the time, trust, tenderness, desire to compromise begin to strengthen in the relationship;
- love - this stage can last for many years, if mutual understanding, respect and friendship dominate between beloved ones, relations at this stage are not based on hormones, but on attachment and preserved sexual interest.
How long does love live at a distance?
Love at a distance can not be called an ordinary feeling, however it often lasts much longer than a standard family relationship. People who experience love at a distance can be divided into 2 groups:
- "Fanatki" - most often this group includes girls who have a passion for media personalities;
- beloved, living separately, but periodically meeting - in this situation many modern couples fall, who have to be content with a "distance" marriage or virtual relationships.
The love of "fanatok" does not fade away for a long time due to the impossibility to be disappointed in the object of love, because they do not meet with him. Such relationships are to some extent pathological, and you can get rid of them only by falling in love with an ordinary person.
Living separately lovers have a solid advantage over ordinary couples - they do not swear because of everyday issues, each meeting is similar to a holiday. That's why such relationships are durable. However, in this case, there were some "pitfalls" - if the couple starts to live together permanently, the conflicts between them will be much more serious than that of ordinary couples,
How long does love live after parting?
According to statistics, after 10 years of marriage, about 70% of couples disintegrate. And not always both spouses at the same time want parting, which means that one of the spouses continues to love. These love torments can last for years, since the marriage in this case is an incomplete process. With unfinished processes, or gestalt, psychologists work, helping to get rid of this obsessive condition, as well as the attendant factors - anxiety, stress, tension, etc. Having received the help of a psychotherapist, a person can get rid of inappropriate love after parting and start a new life, and, the sooner it happens, the better.