The introduction of porridge into the diet of the baby is the second and important stage in the acquaintance of the child with adult food. Specialists in the field of baby food recommend starting the lure with buckwheat, rice and corn porridge. These are the most useful and safe cereals for a small organism. In addition, they do not contain gluten - a special substance that is an allergen and causes bloating.
After the crumb has tried and is a little used to buckwheat and rice, you can diversify his menu with corn porridge .
Corn porridge for babies - good and bad
Many mothers know about the benefits of corn. After all, it is a storehouse of micro- and macroelements, iron, potassium, calcium, which the growing body of a child needs so much. In addition, it contains a large amount of fiber, which helps to cleanse the bowels of toxins and toxins.
In other words, the beneficial properties of corn cereals have a beneficial effect on the child's body, namely:
- help cope with constipation, if any;
- normalize the work of the intestine, eliminate bloating and fermentation processes;
- normal work of blood vessels and heart;
- strengthen immunity;
- promote fast and painless dentition.
However, do not forget that corn porridge for babies, like any other product, can cause, in addition to good, harm. It is not recommended to rush with the introduction of this cereal to children with insufficient weight gain and poor appetite. Because corn grits do not have high energy value.
How to cook corn porridge for babies?
The recipe for cooking corn porridge for babies is very simple:
- First you need to rinse and dry the corn;
- then grind it in a coffee grinder and fill it with boiling water;
- while it is important to observe the proportions - for 100 ml of water, 1 tablespoon of cereal is required;
- after the mixture boils, continue to cook on low heat for about an hour;
- if the water quickly boiled, then during the preparation it can be topped up;
- you can add a little salt and sugar;
- For older children add milk to the porridge, after which they are boiled for 10-15 minutes;
- in cooked porridge you can put a little creamy or vegetable oil.
Depending on how many months of corn porridge is introduced into the ration of infants, its cooking recipes differ: for the smallest porridge it is cooked without the addition of milk and is blown down by a blender.