Similar projects are typical for the design of western houses. In our furniture stores, they have long been not a novelty, but not everyone can afford them. The fact is that the island in a small apartment kitchen is not always appropriate because of the modest size of the kitchen. But the modern approach has somewhat changed the situation in favor of this design.
Usual to us a table or a fashionable island - what will be appropriate in your kitchen?
It is worth noting that the island structures will be convenient to use, if the size of the room is about 16 square meters or more. Unfortunately, such a luxury is not in all the layouts , because the unification of the kitchen with the living room or studio apartment is becoming more popular.
As a rule, the size of the island in the kitchen does not exceed 120 cm in length, width 60-150 cm. The height is usually the same for all working surfaces. Traditionally, kitchens with such a complement have a p-or g-shape and between the working surfaces should be about a meter distance. Then it will be comfortable to work and two tenants will be able to calmly miss each other. If the kitchen is modest in size, then the island can be supplemented with wheels to make the design mobile in a small kitchen .
Island or modern approach to design in the kitchen
Depending on the size of the island in the kitchen, it is used for different purposes:
- if the kitchen is large and the island part is long enough, it is immediately installed both a sink and a hob (but there must be at least 30 cm distance between them);
- more modest surface sizes allow you to install only a sink, the rest of the space is used as a cutting area;
- if desired, the island serves only as a working area and a large sink is installed on it from two sections, the rest of the place is used for cooking;
- when the room is spacious and the landlady prepares a lot, it makes sense to install two washers: one for the dishes in the main part, the second one for washing the vegetables on the island;
- in modern design the island becomes an alternative in the kitchen to an ordinary dining table, sometimes the cooking zone is combined with the food intake area.
Above the island, there are either additional suspended lights or an exhaust hood. In the base of the construction there are also cupboards for storing utensils, sometimes they are shelves in the end with a decor. The shape of the design also depends on your preferences and can be traditional square and rectangular, sometimes it is round, there are fewer original complex shapes. As a result, this design is obtained not only by stylish addition of the working area, but also by the functional element of the headset.
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |