In modern fashion, there are situations that require a certain style in the image and the choice of clothing of a particular design. Such conditions are called a dress code, the violation of which can affect the reputation and the general opinion of others about the fashionista. And in order to emphasize its sabotage in this matter, it is necessary to be able to understand the very concept.
Dress code - what does this mean?
Such a concept in modern style means certain requirements in creating an image for a particular event. As a rule, the dress code for women is stipulated by the business sphere - meetings, working conditions. Often social receptions and receptions also require the observance of specific rules in the choice of wardrobe. The conditions of appearance are put forward by public institutions, where it is necessary to remain reserved and concise, but at the same time be able to stand out from the others. The main difference of clothes often is the coloring:
- Classic colors . Perfect solutions for any situation with specific rules in the image are strict colors - black, white and gray.
- Deep tones of color shades . Your bow will not break the restrained situation if it contains such shades as navy blue, blue-green, brown, marsala. However, it is worthwhile to dwell on one color, without using color mixes.
- Nude . Over the last few years, a restrained fashion allows for a neutral palette in the design of a laconic wardrobe. Here the most relevant are the medium shades - ivory, coffee with milk, sand.
Types of dress code
The rules for creating the image are conditioned by different criteria - religious norms, activities (for example, service or study), public places of specific subjects (restaurants, clubs, theaters), closed events (commercial parties). There are situations where the dress code for women is not strictly limited. Such kinds are called optional, creative, semi-formal, after five, dressy casual. Here some points are permissible at the discretion of the woman herself. For example, clothes and shoes should be restrained, but there may be flashy decorations.
Dress code black tie
In translation, this means "black tie". However, you should not take the name literally. It does not necessarily have a classic accessory. Dress code black tie for women is official, but not too formal. Such rules are inherent in weddings, theatrical premiers, evening receptions on the occasion of the award (for example, Oscar). The main attribute of this image is an evening dress or cocktail attire for daytime activities. Shoes with heels and an elegant hairstyle are mandatory. Possible as expensive jewelry, and jewelry.
White tie dress code
This species is considered the most official and solemn. Compliance with such rules presupposes events of special importance - a ball, the marriage of famous persons, the presidential reception. An obligatory element is an elegant dress in the floor or not above the ankles. Evening dress code for women requires closed hands. Therefore, in the warm season it is worth picking up long gloves, and in the cold put on closed styles with a sleeve. The hairstyle should be collected and supplemented with expressive, but not catchy make-up. Fittings such as a fur cape and expensive jewelry are appropriate.
Cocktail dress code
The level of the cocktail event is indicated by events such as a corporate party, a social event on the occasion of the opening of the exhibition, a buffet table at the conclusion of the contract. The images are more relaxed and can include both a dress and a trouser suit. When choosing the first element, the allowed length is no more than the palm above the knee. Trousers can be overpriced 7/8 and even 3/4. Dress code cocktail for women in winter suggests the presence of fur capes or pelerine. There is a freedom of choice in decor - embroidery, sequins, lace. Heels and clutch became mandatory.
Dress code smart cushion
This species has blurry concepts in choosing clothes. Certain criteria are difficult to single out, but the general direction can be described as something between the business classics and the cocktail. If you wear a dress with sparkles at the party, then the smart casual dress code for women provides styles without flashy decor, but more simple in cuts. But the costume design can be trimmed with ruffles, ruffles, basques, neckline cutouts. This form of clothing is suitable for lunch with colleagues, a press lunch, a date. This is the perfect solution where it is important to look at yourself too smartly or boringly.
Dress code for the theater
A few decades ago, the theater was considered a place to go out. For such an event, not only the style of the clothes as a whole, but also the fabric, the coloring, the decoration and even the fragrance were carefully chosen. But what to wear for this occasion today, when the official bows for reviewing theatrical productions are not so categorical? It is important to understand what should be excluded. And here the stylists distinguish two main taboos - beach wardrobe and sports style. Ideal will be an evening dress code, especially if the show starts in the evening. But let's look at the freshest ideas:
- Clothes . A good choice will be a strict dress with beautiful trim - lace or leather inserts, laconic composition of rhinestones and stones. An alternative solution will be a classic, but not a strict suit with trousers and a jacket of asymmetrical or original cut.
- Footwear . Completion of the image can be both open and closed. But be sure to use shoes with a closed toe, under which you can wear pantyhose or stockings. Naked legs will have to be deleted.
- The bag . The most common option in choosing a bag is a clutch. This model ideally fits the criteria of a laconic form and a neat complement. As an alternative, a stylized small hand-made version will do.
- Spirits . Given that there are always a lot of people in the theater, the scent will have to be fresh, but not sharp. Perfectly suitable floral perfume. Such solutions can be found in such eminent brands as Chanel, Dior, Versace and others.
Office Dress Code
Business sphere - the most common case, where compliance with the rules for choosing specific clothes are unshakable. Here it is important to remain restrained and laconic not only in the combination of details, but also the hair, manicure, make-up. It is important not to use harsh and saturated flavors. Excluded contrasting colors, except for the combination of classical tones. Taboo is imposed and on prints . The exception is non-marred geometric abstractions - English cage, strip, "Christmas tree". Let's find out what the dress code at the women's office is:
- The skirt . The actual shape is a pencil of a narrow straight cut. The length of the skirt is traditionally presented below the knee. However, recently, models are allowed five centimeters above the kneecap.
- Blouse . The standard unbeatable choice is a white plain cotton shirt. However, if you do not wear a jacket or requirements to the appearance of your company are not too strict, silk or chiffon blouses with a sleeve-flashlight, collar-ascote and other trim are permissible.
- Jacket . This element of the wardrobe is often considered mandatory. The classic is a single-breasted jacket with a button closure, a turn-down collar and narrow lapels.
- Footwear . The office always requires closed shoes. The toes should not be exposed under any circumstances. In the cold period, actual shoes will be boat, derby or oxford, ankle boots. In summer, clogs are allowed on a wide shoe.
Office Dress Code - Dresses
One of the most common elements of clothing for an office image is a dress. Such detail will emphasize femininity, elegance and refinement, which is often lacking in an independent business lady. However, not every style is appropriate in a business bow. The most relevant is a laconic case. This model has a narrow straight silhouette. There is rarely a bright decor. Dress code in the office provides a length from the middle of the roe to ten centimeters above the knee. The case is presented in the modern market both in a closed warm cut, and in the form of a strict sundress.
Office dress code - trouser suit
If you are looking for a functional option, and your image involves an energetic and active rhythm, then the actual choice will be a set with trousers. The upper is often such an element of the wardrobe is always represented in the form of a classic jacket. In the fashion troika there is a waistcoat that can be worn under a jacket or in an independent solution. The business dress code is trousers made from suit fabric or dense wool of straight or narrowed cut. In the past few years, an overestimated length of 7/8 is permissible. Admissible trim is an inflated fit of the waist and smoothed over the center arrows.
Office Dress Code - Accessories
Do not think that an office bow is a boring, icky combination. Such a delusion will help dispel stylish additions. Without a doubt, cumbersome jewelry and flashy decorations in this manner are excluded. However, small earrings, a ring (not more than one) and a clock are acceptable. Office dress code for women often involves the presence of a tie. Such an accessory will not only emphasize the severity of the style, but also dilute the laconic design of the wardrobe. An important detail is a bag. A portfolio, a manual model of a geometric shape, a tablet and a leather folder are considered to be traditional.
Office dress code - manicure
The business lady's pens should be well-groomed. And it is important to pay attention not only to the design of nails, but also to the skin, cuticle, and the shape of the nail plates. The dress code kazhual allows an elongated, more expressive manicure. Here you can have a discreet decoration - ombre in calm tones, feng shui style in one color palette, saturated monochrome coverage. However, if you are constrained by strict frames, then your nails should be of a soft form and of short length - no more than two millimeters above the cushion. A topical choice of varnish is a neutral palette in a one-color solution.
Business dress code - hairstyle
The hair of a business woman should not be disturbed or distracted. Therefore, stylists insist on short haircuts in the style of pixies. If you are a lucky owner of long curls, then your dignity should be removed in a neat hairstyle. Fashionable business dress code for women is hair gathered in a bun. In this case, this laying should be perfectly smooth, but the curl itself can have a beautiful shape. The alternative is a "shell" or even tail, stretched iron. The office style does not provide a bright color and the presence of any decorative holders for the hair.