Australia is an amazing sunny continent country with endless beaches , tropical forests and a unique wildlife. Australia's resorts attract not only surfers, but also ordinary tourists who are eager to plunge into the warm waters of the Pacific, enjoy a holiday on the white beaches of a green continent or with a breeze ride through the sparkling snow of the Australian Alps.
The best ski resorts in Australia
- Perisher Blue . Located in the South-East in the picturesque National Park of Kosciusko , the resort is a favorite holiday destination for Australians. 47 Perischer lifts provide access to 1245 hectares of snow-covered territory. Four resort zones (Perisher Valley, Guthega, Smiggin Hole and Blue Cow) are famous for their reliability and good snow, which makes skiing accessible for beginners and experts alike. In addition to snowboarding, skiing, mountain and cross-country skiing, Perischer can be traversed by cable and alpine railways, strolls along seven local parks, go to one of the restaurants or a nightclub.
- Falls Creek . It is Victoria's largest ski resort and the third largest in Australia. It is about 4.5 hours drive from Melbourne . The city stands at the foot of the mountain, from where it takes 45 minutes by car to reach the ski lifts. To visit Falls Creek, you need a subscription, which is also suitable for skiing on Mount Hofam. Due to relatively gentle slopes and a small number of tourists this resort is ideal for beginners and for middle-class athletes. Among professionals, the more complex Hollywood track, which has a good terrain suitable for freestyle, enjoys popularity.
- Mount Buller (Mt.Buller) . This Australian ski resort is located three hours away from Melbourne and is Australia's most accessible ski resort and one of the leading destinations for snowboarding and skiing enthusiasts around the world. 22 lifts are able to transport 40,000 people per hour. Skiers and snowboarders get access to more than 300 hectares of terrain with varied terrain and slopes of different levels: gentle slopes for the beginners, steep for professionals, three cross-country skies, cross-country trails and two sledding parks. In addition, the resort offers a lot of attractions, walking tours, spa services, programs for children. Fans of thrill can participate in competitions of skiers and snowboarders or join night skiing. Every week there are bobsleigh and giant slalom competitions.
- Hotham Alpine Resort . It is a commercial ski resort located on the slopes of Mount Hotham and the adjacent mountains that belong to the Great Dividing Range. The mountain is located about 350 km northeast of Melbourne. You can get to the resort by the Alpine Great Road. This is the most snow-covered resort in Australia with a 360-degree view of the Alps. On 320 hectares there are high-speed descents, cross-country skiing tracks, jumps and parks for sledding. 13 lifts provide access to the tracks throughout the territory.
- Thredbo . Located at the foot of the snow mountains, Australia's highest mountain range, Tredbo is famous for its spectacular snow. It is here that not only the longest trails in Australia are located, but also the steepest, almost vertical. For beginners there are special safe routes. On the express lift you can reach the observation deck of the highest Australian mountain of Kosciuszko.
- Baw Baw . Bau-Bau is a 2.5-hour drive from Melbourne and is ideal for families. Here you will find stunning alpine landscapes, comfortable gentle slopes, you can ride not only on skis, but also on sledges, take a few lessons in a ski school, ride a sleigh drawn by a husky or go on a tour of the wild on snowshoes.
| || || |
| || || |
Best Beach Resorts in Australia
Resorts of the Great Barrier Reef (Great Barrier Reef)
The world's largest coral reef, which is famous for its spectacular beauty and size. It is larger than the Great Wall of China and is the only natural structure that can be seen from outer space. Thanks to the perfect beaches and amazing unique fauna, the Great Barrier Reef has become one of the most popular tourist destinations around the world. The resorts of the reef islands are designed for beach lovers as well as for fans of outdoor activities.
- Hamilton Island . The most popular among tourists, has its own airport, 4 hotels and a park of Australian animals. Ideal for diving, sea cruises, yachting and fishing.
- Lizard Island . The most northern of all resorts. It is located directly on the Great Barrier Reef, has beautiful beaches, is suitable for fishing and walking.
- Bedarra Island . Suitable for a secluded beach holiday. Use the exclusive service of this resort can not more than 32 people at a time. On the island, you can also dive, rent a catamaran or a boat.
- Hayman Island . An expensive and fashionable resort for those who appreciate the service at the highest level.
- Dunk Island . A small cozy corner where you can fish, ride a motor boat, ride horses in the neighborhood, play golf, scuba dive and even jump with a parachute. The island has a children's club, so this resort can be a good choice for a family holiday.
- Keppel Island . A large and beautiful island with endless beaches is ideal for those who do not like to sit still. The resort offers its guests many sports activities: badminton, golf, beach volleyball, tennis, aerobics and more.
| || || |
| || || |
Other beach resorts in Australia
- Palm Cove . This resort is located on the mainland in northern Australia, surrounded by numerous palm trees. It is nice to fish on the pier, walk along the sandy shore, ride a catamaran. In Palm Bay, there are many hotels and restaurants of different levels, a private park of Australian animals, many cruise excursions depart from here.
- Gold Coast . 52 km of golden beaches, 300 sunny days and millions of visitors every year. This is one of the best places to surf in Australia. Behind the famous Surfers Paradise beach is a zone of high-rise houses, restaurants, bars, clubs and theme parks. In the south stretch the magnificent beaches: sandy and luxurious Broadbeach, Burleigh Heads enchant with its coastline, Coolangatta is known as a favorite place for surfers. The national parks of Gold Coast Lamington and Springbrook are famous for their tropical forests, impressive waterfalls and stunning mountain views.
- Cairns . It is located in the north of Australia near the Great Barrier Reef. Suitable for lovers of pristine nature and relaxing holidays. Here you will find magnificent diving and the opportunity to rent a yacht, go out into the ocean and admire manatees, whales and sea turtles. From November to May the coastal waters are teeming with poisonous jellyfish, but they have taken care of guests and organized safe places for bathing.
- Fraser Island . This is an incredibly beautiful island off the eastern coast of Australia with sand dunes, fresh lakes and huge golden beaches. A great place to surf. The island is included in UNESCO and carefully guarded by local, so it is here that "wild" tourism is most popular. For lovers of comfort on the island there are hotels, bars and restaurants.
| || |
| || |