Among all the methods of interior decoration of premises in the post-Soviet space, wallpaper traditionally occupies a leading position. Non-woven wallpaper, although it became known relatively recently, thanks to the excellent characteristics already had time to fall in love with both professional and home masters.
Flizeline wallpaper - the pros and cons
What is this wondrous thing - "non-woven wallpaper"? And than the pasting of non-woven wallpaper is different from other methods of interior decoration? As the name implies, in the manufacture of this wall dressing, non-woven fleecelene is used - an elastic non-woven material based on cellulose, which, although a close relative of ordinary paper, advantageously differs from it by increased resistance to various damages: abrasion, tension and fire. Such unusual properties of the material are obtained by adding to artificial fibers, for example, polyester.
Advantages of non-woven wallpaper
It should be understood that under the name "non-woven" can hide several types of wallpaper: fully made of non-woven fabric and those in which this material plays the role of the base, and the decorative coating is created from paper, textiles or vinyl. Naturally, the characteristics of fully and partially flizeline wallpaper will be slightly different. Let's consider in detail what good nonwoven wallpaper is:
- Easy to paste. This item applies to all varieties of wallpaper based on nonwoven. Due to the increased elasticity and ability to withstand high loads, gluing non-woven wallpaper is a pleasure:
- the width of the roll is more than two or three times the standard, which means that the work is two to three times faster;
- glue is applied directly to the wall, so there is no need to allocate space on the floor for the layout of cut cuts;
- walls do not require thorough preliminary preparation - small irregularities and roughness are concealed due to the thickness of the canvas.
Flizeline wallpaper - cons
There is an opinion that non-woven wallpaper is harmful to health. Many believe that in the wallpapered such a room is better not for a long time, they say, as a result of oxidizing processes, non-woven fabric secrete carcinogenic substances. In fact, if we are talking about the possible harm to health, then only with respect to vinyl wallpaper on non-woven basis, and then only those whose manufacture was carried out with a violation of technology or from low-quality raw materials. The products of self-respecting producers are no more dangerous to humans than paper or textile wallpaper.
Wallpaper on non-woven basis
Operational characteristics make it possible to use wallpaper on a non-woven basis in the interior of any premises, from living rooms to kitchens. The decorative layer can be embossed or smooth, have anti-vandal and water-repellent properties. The color palette covers all possible colors and shades, which contributes to the implementation of the most daring design decisions. By the ratio of price / quality, the ideal solution is a vinyl wallpaper on a non-woven basis, and expensive collections include exclusive options: textile or velor-coated.
Fluffy wallpaper - options
Thanks to the variety of species and colors, non-woven wallpaper in the interior of various rooms look decent and organic. By the type of surface distinguish smooth, relief, foam and wallpaper for painting. Combining these types in one room, you can achieve an unusual effect, highlight one or more functional areas, as well as hide the imperfection of the walls.
Flizeline wallpaper for painting
A separate class of wallpaper products are non-woven wallpaper for painting . This is a thick wallpaper with a smooth or embossed surface of white color. Their main task is to create a base for applying water-emulsion paint, which will be the final stage of finishing works. Pasting with non-woven wallpaper for painting requires the master to be very careful, because even one inaccurately executed joint can spoil the illusion of a continuous canvas. Correctly glued wallpaper of high quality can withstand up to 10 layers of paint, without deforming and not falling behind the walls.
Children's non-woven wallpaper
Thinking over the repair in the children's room, the parents are racking their brains in search of magical materials that would look great, and for as long as possible resisted the activity of playful little pens. In this case, they should not harm children's organisms. Flizeline wallpaper with a pattern in the form of cartoon characters or cute animals fit this description as best as possible. For those who want to make repairs "zdorost" it makes sense to look at the wallpaper of neutral colors, which can be decorated with reusable interior stickers.
Smooth non-woven wallpaper
A new word in the interior finishing works can be called wallpaper from nonwoven with an ideally smooth surface. Their main purpose - finishing the walls before painting or applying decorative coatings, including wallpaper. Using such non-woven wallpaper, the colors are obtained as much as possible saturated, without streaks and unevenness, which contributes to the achievement of a perfectly colored surface. The thickness of the wallpapering cloths is selected depending on the level of wall roughness - the more irregularities, the thicker the fleece layer is needed.
Non-woven fleece wallpaper
Those who are looking for a way in the shortest time to give the room a well-groomed look, it makes sense to pay attention to foamed wallpaper on a non-woven basis. This is a material of medium thickness with a relief surface that is able to hide any unevenness on the walls. Often in the drawings on foamed wallpaper use glitter and other bright decorative elements. But they have one significant disadvantage - a very fragile outer layer. For this reason, it is not necessary to glue the walls in children's rooms and dwellings where there are pets.
Washing non-woven wallpaper
Kitchen wall coverings are subject to increased requirements for strength: they must withstand repeated washing and being in a relatively damp room. Flizelinovye wallpaper for the kitchen fit only in one case - if they are covered with a layer of paint. In this case, smooth wallpaper will be in a more advantageous position, because on their surface there are no depressions in which dust will inevitably accumulate and the fat settle. Vinyl wall-paper on a non-woven basis, whose decorative surface suffers more from the aggressive kitchen environment, proves to be somewhat worse.
How correctly to glue non-woven wallpaper?
Technologically pasting with non-woven wallpaper is somewhat different from work with other types of wallpaper. Work should be in the daytime (so better visible bubbles and irregularities) in a room without access to street air and drafts. To carry out the work should be stocked with the following tools and tools:
- Paint knife with a set of retractable blades . Blades will have to be changed frequently, because it depends on their severity how smooth and accurate the cut will be.
- Spatula or rollers for smoothing wallpaper on the wall . In extreme cases, you can do and dry with a clean cloth, but a special tool to work faster and more convenient.
- Putty knives for plastering . They will need at least two different sizes. They will be used to trim the fleece wallpaper on the wall.
- Capacity and tool (for example, a screwdriver with a nozzle) for mixing glue . At purchase skilled masters advise to give preference to dry glutinous structures which consistence can be varied depending on humidity and temperature in a premise.
- Roulette, level or plummet and a simple pencil . Without this "gentleman's" set can not do with the drawing of the vertical, from which the starting work will begin.
- Syringe . It will be needed for piercing and gluing the canvas in places where bubbles are formed.
How to glue non-woven wallpaper on the ceiling?
The sequence of works is as follows:
- Prepare the ceiling for pasting: remove the old coating (wallpaper, paint, whitewash), level and plaster. Then ground the surface with a slightly diluted adhesive composition and let it dry thoroughly.
- After the primer has dried, we mark the line from which we begin the pasting. It should be located parallel to the shortest wall at a distance equal to the width of the roll, minus 2-3 cm.
- We apply glue to the surface and apply a cloth. Adhesive non-woven wallpaper on the ceiling is convenient for the two of us: one smooths the fabric, and the second holds the free edge.
- We cut the edges of the canvas flush with the wall, pressing the edge of the canvas with a plaster trowel.
- We paste the second cloth back to back to the first.
How to glue non-woven wallpaper on the wall?
Non-woven wallpaper for walls can have different widths, but in any case the sequence of their stickers is unchanged:
- The work starts at a distance from the corner, equal to the width of the roll minus 2-3 cm. This will create a small margin on the unevenness of the wall. There it is necessary to draw a vertical line.
- The wall is pre-primed with a weak adhesive composition.
- After complete drying of the primer, we apply a glue mixture of usual consistency and apply the first cloth of non-woven wallpaper. To cut it it is necessary to be equal to the actual height of the ceiling. Small errors will disappear under the baseboard or be circumcised on the ceiling.
- We smooth the wallpaper with a spatula or a clean cloth, moving from the center of the canvas to the edges, making sure that bubbles or creases do not form.
- Cut the excess by attaching a plaster trowel to the wall.
- Go to the label next to the canvas.